BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
49,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got it from a member who pulled it of BMW USA site. However I cannot find it there anymore?

The 2006 US M5 starts at $81,200

The options are:
261 Rear-Airbags is $385
322-Comfort Access is $1,000
416- Power Rear Sunshades with Manual Side Window Shades is $575
4MK- Wood Trim Olive Ash Carrara is N/C
4ME - Wood trim Walnut Maderia is N/C
4MA - M Multifunction Seatsd with Active Width Adjustment is $1,900
453 - Seat Ventiliation is $800
465 - Fold Down Rear Seats is $475
496 - Rear Seat Heating is $350
610 - Heads Up Display is $1,000
655 - Sirius Satellite Radio is $595
X2xx/X3xx - Full Leather Interior w/Alcantara Roofliner is $3,500
Gas Guzzler Tax is $3,000
Destination is $695

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Gustav said:
Got it from a member who pulled it of BMW USA site. However I cannot find it there anymore?

The options are:
261 Rear-Airbags is $385
Destination is $695
Got the same information - sounds great! Is Logic7 standard or optional??

·
Registered
222 Posts
I am happy with that pricing.

It seems to undercut the E55 by a few thousand, especially when you consider that certain "must have" features that are standard on the M5 (HIDs, Navigation) are optional on the E55.

Also free service and maintenance on the M5 is a big plus.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Logic 7 will be standard.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
Gustav said:

The options are:
261 Rear-Airbags is $385
Destination is $695
I certainly do not see and have not seen any of this information on the bmwusa web site. The web site did undergo a slight redesign a few days ago, so maybe this information was inadvertently published for a brief period.

If correct, the base price makes sense. Compliments to BMW for not charging extra for madeira wood trim. (I recall that this is an extra cost option in Canada.) The multifunction seats are a very expensive extra chunk, but one that sounds like is worthwhile. Disappointing that HUD is optional. I would add the rear airbags, and forget the comfort access, rear sun shade, folding rear seats, Sirius, and full leather.

·
Registered
476 Posts
What does full leather include?

Where else is the leather? Dash?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Re: What does full leather include?

is it possible to get the Alcantara Roofliner without the full leather? i would rather have that black plastic on the back of the seats to protect the seat from the kiddies plus get the two-tone look.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Gustav, thank you. I expect I will be able to confirm or revise this list within a few days, as I have last week been reminded by my dealer that I am #1 on list here, and will very soon be contacted to make selections. Production is supposedly September, late October delivery. Dealer said expect 84,200 list, which I guess base + necessary gas guzzler tax supports. All the other prices appear consistent with recent practice though extra for HUD and seats was not anticipated. My last M5 had no extra cost seat option, nor did my X5 4.6is. I will nontheless eagerly anticipate my call!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Placed order at dealer today. Active seats are only available with the ventilation and the full leather option, so they are a total of about a $6000 option. Dealer was told to expect car in Nov., but possible at the end of Oct.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
Leadfoot said:
Active seats are only available with the ventilation and the full leather option, so they are a total of about a $6000 option.
Now there is a piece of very bad news. I was having trouble justifying $1,900 for the seats. I sure am not going to pay $6,000 unless I somehow become convinced that the full leather is worth $3,500.

·
Registered
177 Posts
sorry, computer sent twice

·
Registered
897 Posts
What the heck is comfort access? Do you get a free back rub everytime you get in? At that price you should. $95 large loaded is a lot of doe for an everyday car. I don't know how I am going to convince the wife on this one.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
CEC said:
What the heck is comfort access? Do you get a free back rub everytime you get in? At that price you should. $95 large loaded is a lot of doe for an everyday car. I don't know how I am going to convince the wife on this one.
From BMW:
Comfort Access System offers an even greater degree of convenience: keyless access to your car. Simply by carrying the remote key in a pocket allows you to lock/unlock the doors and trunk by touching the door handle or trunk button. You can also turn the engine on or off by pressing the start/stop button without first inserting the remote key.

·
Registered
764 Posts
That gas guzzer tax is a very painful piece of horse****. Totally bogus that you can buy a 10 mpg Hummer H2 without the tax and you get royally hosed buying a high-performance sedan that probably gets at least 15 mpg. :crying:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yeah, the gas guzzler tax really is crap. But, the US automakers claim the majority of their profits from the guzzlin' trucks and SUV's which don't impact the CAFE standards. And since 1% of every American worker is employed directly (or indirectly) for GM, it would be a major hit to the US ecomony to impact this reverse discrimination. Call it a luxury tax if you will.

Btw, way to go BMW....Underprice and outperform the E'r !!!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Sorry for the double post....don't understand why this happened.

Anyway, does anyone know if the Piano Black trim and the Polar Grey Merino leather will be offered in the US ?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Wow.. the E39 was a much bigger bargain than the E90, especially considering that full leather and alcantara was standard on that car (unless you get the rear sunshade as on my car). And HUD as an option... that's a surprise. Seems that the car I would spec out would come to $94880. The only option I wouldn't want is the Sirius. MAMMA MIA!!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Has there been any info on what colors will be standard in the US?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts