BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2002 M5 last week and I already have the upgrade bug!

Looking for:

1) Used set of 19" HRE 540 rims in perfect condition with or without tires. Tires must be Michelin Pilot Sport in good condition. Otherwise, I would just want the wheels. Does anyone know if the E46 M3 and E39 M5 share the same bolt patterns/offsets?

2) Used Dinan sport muffler for E39 M5. My boss has a 2000 M5 with the full S2 package. With the headers, the exhaust is too loud for my taste. Has anyone heard an M5 with just the dinan muffler installed? I want something that will give the V8 a bit more growl, but still refined and not too loud.

I plan to buy a new Dinan Stage II suspension at the same time. Will the 19" wheel/tire combo degrade the ride quality much? I have heard that the Dinan suspension actually improves both the handling and the ride quality over stock.

·
Registered
267 Posts
i love my supersprint cat backs, the doorman in my apartment asked me if "I had any performance parts on the car, cause the car sounds real good."

and my wife doesn't know the difference

·
Registered
71 Posts
Don't know about Dinan stuff, but the E46 M3 wheels are different offset and different bore (hub) size. Without spacers they wouldn't work and with spacers I wouldn't ride in the car!:byebye: They would be safe in my opinion. As always someone else's may be different.

Welcome!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Just wanted to know if E46 M3 wheels would fit an M5 because there are a lot of people on the E46 boards selling HREs. I guess more people hold onto their M5s :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts