BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in doing a trackday at Elvington (York) on saturday 29th January 2005?

It's organised by BookaTrack: www.bookatrack.com

99GBP, open pit, plenty of run off and nothing but cones to hit....

Mmm-Five has his name down already, and I'll be there too.

We could follow up with a overnight stay and a few alcopops :haha:

Waddya think?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Mmm, let me think......

....okay I'll do it!

Map for Elvington here

Hotel accommodation may not be very local to Elvington as it is in the middle of nowhere - B&B is most likely - alternatively you can try either of the following - both about 20-30 minutes away from Elvington...

Travel Lodge (£55 family room)
A64 Eastbound
Bilborough
Steeton
Nr. Tadcaster
North Yorkshire,
LS24 8EG

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/travelodge/location.php?hotel_id=195

Travel Inn York South West (£46 family room)
Bilborough Top
Colton
York
YO23 3PP

http://www.travelinn.co.uk/TI/index.jsp?page=inn&id=230

Or a B&B 5 minutes away (in a pub)

Sutton Arms (£28 single / £48 double)
Main Street
SUTTON UPON DERWENT
YO41 4BT

http://www.theaa.com/hotels/109117.html

And finally another pub, about 10 miles away!

Black Bull Inn (£30-£60)
Main Street
ESCRICK
YO19 6JP

http://www.theaa.com/hotels/76357.html

·
Registered
707 Posts
I half fancy this, but can't really commit at the moment.

Depending on plans coming to fruition (or not!), I could either have do in the M5 or try my yet to be acquired Sylva Striker out...............

If you're stopping over, it HAS to be York city centre - a great night out!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Have you guys already paid for Elvington? as I was thinking that Croft is not much further up the road, has a good pub in the village and its a pucker circuit. Plus some of us Jocks can get their in 3-4 hrs, where as Elvington would be another hr or so.
Just testing the water here.
cheers,
Phil.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Phlem5 said:
Have you guys already paid for Elvington? as I was thinking that Croft is not much further up the road, has a good pub in the village and its a pucker circuit. Plus some of us Jocks can get their in 3-4 hrs, where as Elvington would be another hr or so.
Just testing the water here.
cheers,
Phil.
I've already paid for Elvington, but that was booked before this topic came up, and I think the point of Elvington over Croft or another circuit is the fact that we can spin, drift, slide, in relative safety compared to the barriers at a proper circuit.

Elvington is about 2 hours away for me and, as you say, Croft is another hour for the southern lot as well.

Elvington in the wet/snow/fog is good, safe fun, Croft on the other hand would be a challenge for any 1st timers!

It may be better to do a Northern and a Southern one seperately - Croft for North, Brands for South, possibly Donnington for Midlands, Oulton for North West, etc.

But getting enough people to come to one will be a challenge, never mind 4 or 5 different ones!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Fair doo's, good point re damage limitation. I was thinking that would be the case. I might try to get to Elvington but depends on a few things at the moment. Like to add, - Oulton Park is on the radar as far as I'm concerned, that's if it is the track near Warrington.
cheers,
Phil

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Phlem5 said:
Fair doo's, good point re damage limitation. I was thinking that would be the case. I might try to get to Elvington but depends on a few things at the moment. Like to add, - Oulton Park is on the radar as far as I'm concerned, that's if it is the track near Warrington.
cheers,
Phil
Oulton is about 30 minutes from the motorway/a46 junction - keep an eye out for Little Budworth as the turn off is easy to miss!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Just booked for Elvington. Will be in the Striker though - familiarising myself with it before taking on the other loons in a race...............

M5 will be in attendance, but only as tow vehicle......

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pretty sure I'll be there Rob. Not sure which car I'll be in though. Looking at fitting 2 banks of bike carbs to the V8, so it may be off the road at that time. might have to make do with the Porker or M5 :biggrin:

I've done 2 events there in the past. It depends on the layout they choose as to what type of car it will suit.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Just getting this to the top again as the Elvington track day less than 4 weeks away, and I can't see anyone else's name down (other than Rob & Kurt that it), and no-one else with a non-kit car :crying2:

I'm guessing it's probably not worth me booking a hotel in York for night-before eats/drinks then!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Sometimes I wish I was in the UK (except I hate wet tracks). At least you guys go to the track. Not many M5 owners here on the West Coast track their cars. I have seen a total of two in the last two years, other than me. I will be doing a BMW club school in February so maybe someone else will show up.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts