BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left the office for some lunch in downtown Cincinnati, Ohio and noticed a e34 green M5 touring that looked legit. Anybody here?

Where any touring's sent to the U.S?

It was a pretty sight. I have some very BAD pictures taken while I was driving, there is no point posting them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
all the tourings were 3.8's

We (US and Can) didn't get any M5's after 91 when the 3.6 was stopped. Must be an import. I saw a green one on the web in houston a while ago. it had been imported.

Beej

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It had the /// badge in the front grill, it had M stickers on the windows.

I'll try to upload some photos later. Sweet car!

M5 sightings always happen when I not in the M. Maybe next time...

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
I cud check how many -green- US-M5tourings I have in the registry,
total number of US-M5tourings is abt 20, whereof the -orinoco-green- of
Greg V. is one -
ALL M5tourings in the US are grey-market-imports and it costs about USD 6.000 > 10.000 only to get them thru the EPA + DOT-legalizing-procedures -
if the 3.8 saloon is popular in the US then the touring is 'cult' -
-
cheers
Karl

·
Registered
121 Posts
It is hard to tell what you are seeing in those pics. It looks to be a darker green, maybe Oxford Green? I heard some time back of a 93 M5 Touring in Oxford Green being spotted in California with out of state plates. It was being driven by a couple in their 50's or 60's. It is possible they are one in the same. Cant imagine there are more than a handful of Green M5 Tourings in the US, maybe 3-5 would be my guess.

Lets see if someone claims it.

Greg

·
Registered
75 Posts
One Oxford Green/black interior 1995 ( a real 95 6 speed, large kidneys, big brakes, parallel) was owned around a year ago by a guy in San Diego from whom I bought a US Cat for my Daytona Violet and it had Nevada plates I think.
I believe he sold it last summer.
The car was really in top condition.
I stupidly did not get the vin number.
Jaime

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Hi there Jaime,
""stupidly did not get the vin number""
agree ;) :byebye:
-
ciao
Karl
-

jamgusa said:
One Oxford Green/black interior 1995 ( a real 95 6 speed, large kidneys, big brakes, parallel) was owned around a year ago by a guy in San Diego from whom I bought a US Cat for my Daytona Violet and it had Nevada plates I think.
I believe he sold it last summer.
The car was really in top condition.
I stupidly did not get the vin number
Jaime

·
Registered
45 Posts
i remember reading about 2 of them being build to spec from 525i Tourings, one in California and one in Atlanta. i think the California one was Black, but i don't remember the color of the Atlanta one. either way, it could be the genuine article OR anyone could have built the car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Beeej said:
it's not just a "re-badged, re-wheeled" 525i touring is it?

B
pics aren't clear enough to make a concrete decision. as casually stated before, the VIN would have helped a bit, but we don't have that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts