BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all :byee55amg I have been out of the bmw scene for too long and after being offered an m5 touring in calypso red i have started thinking bmw again! I have been doing some research and i'm not having a lot of luck! the current owner claims they only made 12 in this colour?? I was just hoping someone could give me some advice as to their worth as i dont want to pay over the odds or be led to thinking i am buying a rare car that turns out not to be. It is a 94 3.8 model with 5 speed manual transmission and 160k on the clock. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Cheers!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi all :byee55amg I have been out of the bmw scene for too long and after being offered an m5 touring in calypso red i have started thinking bmw again! I have been doing some research and i'm not having a lot of luck! the current owner claims they only made 12 in this colour?? I was just hoping someone could give me some advice as to their worth as i dont want to pay over the odds or be led to thinking i am buying a rare car that turns out not to be. It is a 94 3.8 model with 5 speed manual transmission and 160k on the clock. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Cheers!
Car is on ebay. Sounds a bit rough around the edges .How much was the car offered to you for? It's a 93 not a 94

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
544 - prod. date March 30th, 1993, first registration date Oct. 5th, 1994 in Germany (!, i.e. it is NOT an EEC-legal 95 car either, it is a 1994 EEC regulation car built in March 1993 unless the Belgium reg-date is accepted by the vehicle authories). The e-bay add could therefore be not correct as far as model year and reg.date is concerned.
It is a Belgium-export-car with a limited no of options (302,339,385,404,564,676,687,811/899) compared to the average M5touring.
Apparently the car had moved from Austria to Scotland (Marc Swanson) in early 2007 with a mileage then of 220.000 km.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Sorry for the double post, but heres my view on the touring on ebay

Hi there all

Me and my bro were going to have a punt on the Calypso touring as it is the same colour as my 93 M5, and try and do it up like ive done my other 2 E34's.

James sent him a message last week through ebay regarding his terms and conditions about the 20% to be paid straight away at end of auction and collection within 5 days, we could pay the 20% no problem but couldnt collect as we are at the ring this next week but could collect saturday the 7th, The seller replied if you cannot adhere to my terms dont 'bother' bidding as i will remove your bid, which we thought was a little obtuse.

I called the seller 'Graham' last night for a chat regarding our dillema and he was having none of it, said just wanted to get rid of it as soon as possible and as a Porsche dealer didnt want anything to do with car, even when i offered to double the current bid, he wouldnt accept collection on the 7th.

He did also mention that bodily it wasnt the best, me and james have decided now after our e-mail and telephone conversation with the seller we want nothing to do with it.

Good luck who gets it, but after our none helpful dealings please buyer beware.

Best regards Andy n James<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

·
Registered
120 Posts
Looks like the Germans went mad for it!
The 4 top bidders were German, considering that it went for £4,700 = 5260 Euro's and the cheapest Touring for sale on Mobil.de is 9000 Euro's, you can see why.

·
Registered
821 Posts
The 4 top bidders were German, considering that it went for £4,700 = 5260 Euro's and the cheapest Touring for sale on Mobil.de is 9000 Euro's, you can see why.
That's $7731.50 in US$, plus $1850 to ship it, plus $5500 to $7500 to get it Federalized.

Compared to a $30k avg price for one ready to go here, that's not bad either.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The e34 M5 is defiantly undervalued here in the UK
Defiantly, the classic car market has been on the up for quite some time now despite the world wide economic downturn, the M5's turn will come. Luckily some of us (those with LHD estates ;) ) have a greater market than just the UK which should see them increase in value first :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
It's worth much more than that in parts alone, engine etc... I was tempted but nowhere to store...
Paul, I don't have a very big place, but it does have plenty of space for cars :D , so next time your tempted, give me a shout.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts