BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:crying2:
Sold my beloved touring today, hope it got a good home.
Im going to be sorry for this........
As it happens, this is my 800th post on this board. Might be popping in from time to time anyway....

:crying::crying:
Thanks for this brilliant board.

Sakke

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Sorry to hear that Dr Sakke, your knowledge of these cars is a valuable asset to this forum!

Any new exciting car plans?

MvH
Lantz

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Sorry to hear this I hope you get an interesting car to replace it with soon.

Hope you manage to stick around the forum though.

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Best wishes for the future Dr Sakke and stay in touch .......I used to enjoy your posts and your extremely profound signature !

p.s. I'm sure that I'll have a spare M5 knocking about if you ever decide to come back to the fold !

D

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you guys:15:
No not any real plans, but there is a low mileage E28 M5 that I know of. I might persuade the owner to sell:lightbulb:
Otherwise a Ducati is on my "to do" list

Sakke

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Best wishes for the future Dr Sakke and stay in touch .......I used to enjoy your posts and your extremely profound signature !

p.s. I'm sure that I'll have a spare M5 knocking about if you ever decide to come back to the fold !

D
:1:
I`m sure you do....:thumbsup:
Sakke

·
Registered
840 Posts
Any reason in particular you ended up selling it? Just time to move on?

Always loved your Touring!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any reason in particular you ended up selling it? Just time to move on?

Always loved your Touring!

No particular reason, more a sum of many smaller things.
I`ve got a child now and Iive on a apartment with only 1 parking space (530d takes this as the daily driver) and no permanent garage so everything I intended to do myself had to be done over one day so the car would not be dismantled on the yard, possibly unlocked.
The lack of space, time(work a lot and the family takes rest of the time) made that most of my contact with the car was just delivering it for service/repairs and moving it around so I did not enjoy it much this last year.
Also norwegian roads make the power of the car nearly impossible to use so......I just saw myself sinking a lot of money on it (as I liked it to be in good condition) and not really using it.

By the way, I saw the car yesterday evening. The new owner was driving it. My first reaction was: WHAT THE F*CK, SOMEBODY HAS NICKED MY CAR!!!!!
Until I realized I had sold it the day before.
It looked really nice in white......

Sakke

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry to hear that Dr Sakke, your knowledge of these cars is a valuable asset to this forum!

Any new exciting car plans?

MvH
Lantz
By the way, most of my "knowledge" has come through this board.....cherrsagai

Sakke

·
Registered
821 Posts
That was a fine tourer if ever I saw one. Say, where did that external radio antenna come from? Is that oem? electric retractable? Part #?

best, geoff

ps, I bought mine precisely to carry my kids in it (that's my story and I'm sticking to it)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Surprised to hear that you've sold your car on Dr S!
All the best with your family, I hope it's not long before your in the position to get another M. Keep the post's going, I have enjoyed reading them over the years....
Cheers.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That was a fine tourer if ever I saw one. Say, where did that external radio antenna come from? Is that oem? electric retractable? Part #?

best, geoff

ps, I bought mine precisely to carry my kids in it (that's my story and I'm sticking to it)
Hi!
It is the antenna for the factory installed telephone. Not retractable, just cut of(not by me) as the telephone itself is based on a network solution that does not exist any longer.
It was fine for carrying family and all the stuff, but the climate is too hard for the bodywork when using it all year around. so I did not want to do it any more

Sakke

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Sorry to hear you've sold your car. Have you been at the sevoflurane? ;)
Its hard to have a second car when you have nowhere to keep/work on it.
I hope you manage to find your way back into an M car in the future.
Good luck with the Ducati - any particular model in mind?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry to hear you've sold your car. Have you been at the sevoflurane? ;)
Its hard to have a second car when you have nowhere to keep/work on it.
I hope you manage to find your way back into an M car in the future.
Good luck with the Ducati - any particular model in mind?
HI!
No, more into isoflurane....
We`ll see about further M:s, I`d love one later...
Had an 916/996 in mind

Sakke

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I always find the Iso makes me cough :dunno:
916/996 is a great choice! As with an M5 check out who has been looking after it before you buy and go around it once a week with a spanner as they can vibrate bolts loose. Also a really stupid flip up side stand.
The engine is a real peach though especially in SP model. Hope you enjoy it.
Dan.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts