BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys and Gals ,

Having recently acquired a lovely Diamond Black Metallic E34 M5 Touring I am hoping that one of you lovely members can offer some guidance to translating the fuse box under the bonnet .

I will also be looking to change the OBC and Instrument Cluster language back to English , although I suspect that I have a printout of the method required to do this somewhere in my files .

Any assistance with the fuses would be greatly appreciated .

D

·
Registered
120 Posts
David, I have the owners handbook in in English somewhere. I briefly looked for it the other day re. the clutch reservoir with out success (misplaced last year in a house move, box's still unpacked), but will have another look tonight/in the morning.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Found my handbook, surprisingly no info on any fuses, just where they are (underneath the rear seat as well on the touring)
So checking my fuses against Dans pic, mine are slightly different (pic below), but it appears that the sticker has added later (hence in English) with the original below. Generic stickers for E34's (assuming Dans is original M5) and not specific for M5's ,e.g. auto box ?
Also note VIN No. sticker as well on mine.

P.S. David , congratulations on your touring addition :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks again guys .

I will check to see if I have another 3.8 fuse board cover and fit that if the fuses correspond .

I have found another English M5 Saloon and Touring Owners Manual that I have put in the document wallet and I also found the print out that explains how to enter the OBC test mode and change the language to English .

Here's a cheeky little picture before I get to work on her , p.s. the name is Diamond Danielle :

·
Registered
763 Posts
If I remember right you can change language by turning the key to the first position (not on but so the radio etc work). Then hold the check reset button in for about 10 seconds. The display will light and show the next language. You then must release the check reset button and repeat until you get the language required.

Used to change the language on the X's touring all the time....

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That sounds about right Bob , judging from the printout I have .

There is also a method for getting into the Test menu on the OBC etc .

Thanks for taking the time to confirm !

D

·
Registered
763 Posts
There is also a method for getting into the Test menu on the OBC etc .

D

The test function is a fun one.... The little rascals on the E34 forums hit that function and take a picture of the speedo hitting 160mph and post it up for bragging rights:rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts