BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can not find any information on wiring schematics for the euro cars. What are members who have euro cars do for detailed information about their particular car? The ETM that I have is for the US M5 3.6.
It is difficult enough when you have accurate information. It is almost impossible with inaccurate information.

The main computer in the dash has a 26 pin plug. This interfaces with many components throughout the car. The euro cars had the security system pre-installed through the DWA III. The ETM does not include this schematic. My car has an US M5 3.6 instrument cluster. Why, I don't know. The instrument cluster interfaces with the main computer. The main computer interfaces with the DWA system. Just comparing the computer plug on my car to the US ETM, there are many wire color differences. One pin is used, where the ETM says it is not.

I looked at technical Literature that is available from Real OEM. They have a listing for "MJ91" electrical diagram, but not the HJ91.
I will gladly purchase the documents I need, but where do I get them? Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
431 Posts
we improvise. hahaha.

Try using a combination of the E34 diagrams and E32 diagrams.

Somewhere on here I posted a link to a 1993 European ETM. It's in German but not to hard to figure out.

I think also, that MJ91 you see on RealOEM means "model year 91" as opposed to the HJ91 part of your VIN.

Lastly if you really want to buy something official, perhaps try German fleabay.

try searching for "E34 M5 Schaltpläne" or "E34 M5 Prüfanleitung"

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the response. I found the Euro ETM searching your posts. I also picked up quite a bit of other useful information, for example, the modification of the power steering pump. You have made my day!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the links. I will print out the schematic in both ETM's and use the the US version as a language translator. I lived in Germany for 6 years as an Air Force Brat when I was 3-9. It is amazing that my Deutsche has not completely been lost...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts