BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I wish I could keep it but I have too many cars! Ive had previous M5s and theyre always a pleasure to drive for the little time I have them....

Regards
Paul

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Hi Paul

Yes very nice car shame you cannot keep it. I saw it on eBay and watched its bidding progress as this is the second one I have seen in the last month. The other one was a Red 93 with no sunroof. I think that car was owned before by a friend of mine.

Simon

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
BreakerBacker said:
Do you mind divulging the last seven characters of the VIN? I am just curious if your car is accounted for in the touring registry Karl keeps. Nice car, I havent seen too many late Tourings with the Motorsport interior.
Thanks,
Greg.
-
Thks Greg !
Hi Paul, the last 3 numbers of the VIN is enough for me.
If u do not want to make it public, cud u send me a P/M, please ?
Thks in advance ! :M5thumbs:
brgds
Karl

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Karl, I got the build sheet thanks, managed to translate most of it.....

One question in general - it has EDC (adjustable suspension switch S and P) but is this what is referred to as "Nurburgring" suspension? Or was this another option?

Cleaned it up again yesterday and it really is in excellent condition......Im selling my Lotus Carlton as well and Im so tempted to keep this in its place!

Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
[email protected]
keep the rarity, get rid of the Lotus...... :hihi:
ALL, 3.8 E34 M5/M5ouring have the -EDCIII- suspension incl. selfleveling -
the -Nuerburgring-Suspension-Package- was an appr. DEM 850-option and
what can you really expect for that money ??
-
on the 3.8 5-gear the Nbg-Ring-Pckg was an extra-pay-option including
Servotronic, the P/S-switch, a stronger stabilizer bar (+1 mm) and wider
wheels on the rear-axle (which the M5touring had anyway), that's it !
-
on the 3.8 6-gear the Nbg-Ring-Pckg was factory-standard EXCLUDING
the servotronic which if wanted was an extra-pay-option again
-
hope this helps ! (as we have US-citizens reading in I better add
= 'without engagement' ) :byebye:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Bryn said:
Sorry to hijack the thread, but do you know the red touring on uk ebay Karl?
Here it is Brilliant red touring
Cheers,Bryn.
-
Hi Bryn,
I do not rekognize it off hand, I wud need the VIN to be sure anyway -
however, there were only 4 (four) M5tourings ever made in - 'brillantrot' (308 U)
= 1 is registered in Norway
= 1 is registered in Germany (this one has a kompressor-set-up)
= 1 is registered in the UK (voila, that must be the one then ???)*)
= 1 is registered in Sweden
*) apparantly I actually DO know it then :)
360 bhp, really ???? how ??? no magic 'chip' I hope
but 3.600 cc ???? = very strange !!
-
thks Bryn for the -wink- ! :M5thumbs: are you interested in this car ?
I am still in the office i.e. I can not look up any details right now -
brgds
Karl
-

·
Registered
494 Posts
Thanks Karl, :cheers:

Yes I am thinking about it - I need an estate for my business and it would be just plain rude not to make it an M5 :p :wroom:

Cheers,
Bryn.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Bryn said:
Thanks Karl, :cheers:
Yes I am thinking about it - I need an estate for my business and it would be just plain rude not to make it an M5 :p :wroom:
Cheers,
Bryn.
-
[email protected]
if the -red- is too much 'FERRARI' for you, perhaps MCP Motorsport still has
the -oxfordgreen- (ex Ian Todd) car for you ??
is the -silver- 808 still on 'autotrader' ???
the 'brillantred' does NOT have a 'sun-roof' nor the Nuerburg-Ring-set-up but
the latter is easily fixed (has nothing to do with the suspension itself except
for the stabilizer bar), see also the previous input in the same thread -

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
M5touring reg said:
-
Hi Bryn,
I do not rekognize it off hand, I wud need the VIN to be sure anyway -
however, there were only 4 (four) M5tourings ever made in - 'brillantrot' (308 U)
= 1 is registered in Norway
= 1 is registered in Germany (this one has a kompressor-set-up)
= 1 is registered in the UK (voila, that must be the one then ???)*)
= 1 is registered in Sweden
*) apparantly I actually DO know it then :)
360 bhp, really ???? how ??? no magic 'chip' I hope
but 3.600 cc ???? = very strange !!
-
thks Bryn for the -wink- ! :M5thumbs: are you interested in this car ?
I am still in the office i.e. I can not look up any details right now -
brgds
Karl
-
Hi Guys

I am pretty sure this car was owned by a firend of mine and when he owned it the car was a 3.8 with the normal amount of horsepower.

I guess accuracy is not the current owners forte as they quote 160,000 km as 96,000 miles humm seems as though they are missing a few miles.........

brgds

Simon

·
Registered
494 Posts
Karl,

The reason I was looking at this one is because it looks like it'll sell quite cheap, although I haven't seen it so don't know the condition. But I would assume if it was used in a buying guide then its probably ok!
As for the colour, I used to have an E30 325i Sport in brilliant red which I loved, so I quite like this one too. I know its a bit 'in your face' but it'll be good publicity for my business I guess :M5thumbs:
Maybe I should look for a late big brake one as I already have a '93 saloon which is a similar spec to this, especially as it seems like a good time to buy a touring with values relatively low.
As for the advert, this is the third time its been on ebay and if you look at the first ad it has loads more (correct) information, but as the seller has become more irritated relisting it the info has become more inaccurate!
Will keep you all informed!

P.S. Paul's car looks gorgeous but I expect quite a bit more expensive than this one (although worth it no doubt). Apologies again for hijacking your thread Paul!

Cheers,
Bryn.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Bryn,

No problem mate!

It would be nic if a real M5 enthusaiast came to see it, as it would compund my theory that the M5 Ive got is in pretty good shape......I absolultey love driving it and everything (except the low washer fluid sensor) apears to be in excellent working order....

I know the previous reserve on the red touring on ebay was £8500.....which to be honest isnt far away of what Im looking for......

Interested to hear opinions on the price, but I was looking for £9000 - a full 3 grand cheaper than Munich Legends one!

Regards
Paul

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Infinicar said:
Bryn,

No problem mate!

It would be nic if a real M5 enthusaiast came to see it, as it would compund my theory that the M5 Ive got is in pretty good shape......I absolultey love driving it and everything (except the low washer fluid sensor) apears to be in excellent working order....

I know the previous reserve on the red touring on ebay was £8500.....which to be honest isnt far away of what Im looking for......

Interested to hear opinions on the price, but I was looking for £9000 - a full 3 grand cheaper than Munich Legends one!

Regards
Paul
Hi Paul

I had the same problem at first thourght I needed a new sensor but it turned out to be that the sensor had slipped round and instead of pointing up was on its side and that is why it kept on registering wrongly. Fixed at no cost thanks to my mechanic.:M5thumbs:

brgds

Simon

PS good luck wit the sale.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Infinicar said:
Just checked the sensor and topped it up but its still got the warning......

Thanks for the suggestion though!

Regards
Paul
Sorry that did not help I suppose the next thing is to check the connections.

I am sure this will not effect the sale but I know how annoying little gremlins can be.......

brgds

Simon

1 - 20 of 33 Posts