BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find my M5 too refined.

Noise plays a big part of driving pleasure and in all honesty the M5 really sucks in this department.

Thinking Eisenmann exhaust (medium).

Working on Airbox project already so that should add some intake noise.

What I really want is that 6 branch metallic raspy noise which this 6 branch doesnt seem to have at all! I just fitted a fantastic 6 branch to an E30 and it makes the most amazing noise Ive ever come accross.

My old M5 had some powerflow jobbie on it and though it wasnt the best exhaust in the world it made one hell of a noise. It sounded expensive, it sounded like an M5 should sound.......resonating growling mettalic noise.

I'm just going to fall asleep of boredom like this!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Tubi Rumore + a rumoured new louder version of the tubi rumore which i have fitted and in my opinion makes my car the best sounding car (not just m5) i've ever heard, truly exotic and bearable when trying to be quiet!!!! (creeping in well late at night!!!)

·
Registered
517 Posts
I'm running header flange back dual 2.25 in pipes to dual hi-flow cats straight back to Eisenmann Race 83mm. It's just plain nasty and I'm very happy. :M5launch:

·
Registered
595 Posts
mblaster said:
I'm running header flange back dual 2.25 in pipes to dual hi-flow cats straight back to Eisenmann Race 83mm. It's just plain nasty and I'm very happy. :M5launch:
I've driven it and followed behind it. It's almost an erotic experience with this setup.

Greg S.
'91 3.6

·
Registered
368 Posts
I've driven through the Monaco Grand Prix Tunnel, at full blast.. and nothing sounds as good as a Tubi Rumore in my opinion, except maybe the Rumore+
(we had tuned Ferrari's, Porsches, Lambo's and nothing sounded like the howl of the M5, (most people agreed on this! Especially the lotus elise team, who followed us out of a couple of peages as we nailed it off the line!)) :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Only trouble is not enough tunnells near me!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Supersprint seems to work fine, but its not what I'd call loud at all - in fact I would have preferred a bit more noise myself since I'm not using the car everyday and am used to a bit more noise

1 - 10 of 10 Posts