BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,
I am wondering if anyone else is having a hard time locating tires for their car? It seems the Michelin Pilot Super Sports are backordered (no estimate when they will be redistributing) & the Pirelli PZeros are tough to find. Any suggestions?

I would preferably like to stick with the PSS.
265/35/20
295/30/20

I would even be willing to throw 305's on the rear. Is anyone currently running that set up? If so, what do you think of it compared to stock?

Finally, if anyone has any tire sets (new or minimal wear) I would be willing to purchase them.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I currently have the Pirelli's the M5 came with. When the rears got too thin, I got the matching Pirelli 305/30-20. While it performs well, the Pirelli tire bulge is not a particularly good look on a modern car. The 305 Michelins look a LOT better due to the sidewall design (of course all of this squeezed on stock 20" wheels.)

Also, I had to remove my 10mm rear spacers for the 305's not to rub the fender lips. When I use up these (2!) pairs of Pirelli 305's, I'll be going to stock size Michelins.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Your Pirelli's look like they have a nice, modern rim protector type sidewall. I have nothing of the sort....

Compared to a Michelin 305:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I see why you said you prefer the PSSs. I would do the way those Pirrellis look.

The PZeros on my car don't look much different from the PSSs. They do have that rim protection lip.

Updated model possibly? I bought mine from tire rack few weeks ago since I couldn't get Michelins.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got two sets from Tire Rack a couple of months ago. There are four versions of the 305/30-20 in the P-zero model and I ordered the Porsche version. If anyone is ordering, and want to match the sidewall rim protector to the OE front tires, I would suggest one of the other three versions.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I got two sets from Tire Rack a couple of months ago. There are four versions of the 305/30-20 in the P-zero model and I ordered the Porsche version. If anyone is ordering, and want to match the sidewall rim protector to the OE front tires, I would suggest one of the other three versions.

I hate that there are so many versions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts