BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

Has anybode read the Wheels test of the new M5? The cover text sounded awesome!

could anybody scan and upload it?

greets, max_m5 :byebye:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Sorry can't scan. But bought the mag at Singapore airport. Good story and love the quote " M5's V10 closely mimics the highly strung M3 CSL's banshee wail " :eek:oohhh:

4.5 out of 5 stars awarded with +'s as engine, dynamism, power switch with -'s as SMG on daily use, brakes, tight rear legroom.

The car is the Australia press car in sepang bronze/black merino interior - quite good looking.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi Guys

This is exact same car as we drove at our Eastern Creek track day (earlier post report) and same combination as my car arriving in Aug/Sep, looks magnificent in the flesh, photos here are not good representation of colour, poor printing I suspect.

Tried to upload with normal resolution and files were too large, not sure if this is legible, otherwise I need more space, anyhow here it is, enjoy the great report.

Attachments

·
Registered
448 Posts
Not a patch on Autocar or any other Euro mag. Both Wheels and Motor here in Australia have no professional motoring journos employed as it evident of the purile reports they write.

Only good for toilet reading.............

·
Registered
646 Posts
Great article. I was able to blow it up and read it pretty sucessfully, but the price as tested seems out of whack. Is that 226,000 Australian Dollars? Please say no.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Australians, i envy you!

300,000 american dollars here :crying2:

·
Registered
248 Posts
MortenDK said:
Australians, i envy you!

300,000 american dollars here :crying2:
You must be joking? Must be taxes? I don't think the M5 is worth that much... Even $80k US is pushing it....

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
360bhp said:
4.5 out of 5 stars awarded with +'s as engine, dynamism, power switch with -'s as SMG on daily use, brakes, tight rear legroom.
Why does this sound familar...... reminds me of a thread on the board...

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
M5_2010 said:
You must be joking? Must be taxes? I don't think the M5 is worth that much... Even $80k US is pushing it....
Not at all, its all taxes, the goverment is making $$$$$$ every year on this. It's exactly 179% added to the cars value. We've also been looking a bit on a Porsche Carrera S, same price as the M5, but we decided to go with the M5. If we had lived in sweden, we would certainly have gotten both :blabla: , and still have a lower budget than one single M5 here in Denmark.

You get used to it. Denmark is a fine country otherwise :cheers:

·
Registered
248 Posts
MortenDK said:
Not at all, its all taxes, the goverment is making $$$$$$ every year on this. It's exactly 179% added to the cars value. We've also been looking a bit on a Porsche Carrera S, same price as the M5, but we decided to go with the M5. If we had lived in sweden, we would certainly have gotten both :blabla: , and still have a lower budget than one single M5 here in Denmark.

You get used to it. Denmark is a fine country otherwise :cheers:
Denmark is indeed a fine country....

E60 platform is very different than the E39. I am perhaps considering getting a Carrera myself. It seems to be missing the 'fun to drive' factor. I am currently evaluating a 545i sports with SMG and it is very fast but it not very exciting to drive.....

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Had a testdrive in the Carrera S, it was a joy! :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
AbruzziBoy said:
Great article. I was able to blow it up and read it pretty sucessfully, but the price as tested seems out of whack. Is that 226,000 Australian Dollars? Please say no.
Sadly yes, $226,000 plus dealer delivery, road registration, stamp duty, brings car to shade under $250k drive away. That said our cars are fully optioned, only ventilated seats, load thru option & 2 other insignificant ones are the only options not included in all Aussie M5's as they arrive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts