BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I booked my M5 spot # 3 with a dealer in Ohio in July as the dealer iin My great city wanted to Auction his M5's as he was expecting a 40K Premium - he told me they will get 4 cars a year it will be highly in demand.
The 3K premium I paid and 1500 dollars shipping I will pay to get the vehicle here is acceptable to me - the vehicle has been ordered and delivery is expected in Feb 2006 (My leased 745Li is to be returned on June 1 2006).
The dealer in Houston called today and said that he was calling to follow up and they will recieve 5 cars before end of this YEAR!! The dealer has decided not to auction the cars ;) they are just going over a list and asking customers how much they are willing to pay - MSRP or how much above MSRP.
A clear indicationt very soon M5's will be easily available.

·
Registered
198 Posts
things should stabilize in the us by next year but the demand may pick after others see the car or hear about it or wait for the bugs to be sorted

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Plus, depending on the reviews and the reception here in the US, and the strength of the dollar vs euro, they could jack the price for 2007.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
todo said:
The dealer in Houston called today and said that he was calling to follow up and they will recieve 5 cars before end of this YEAR!! The dealer has decided not to auction the cars ;) they are just going over a list and asking customers how much they are willing to pay - MSRP or how much above MSRP.
A clear indicationt very soon M5's will be easily available.
Call me cynical, but "asking customers how much they are willing to pay - MSRP or how much above MSRP" sounds like a form of auctioning to me!:nono: Dealers in this area have lists and have told people they'll be selling the cars with a "market premium" and they don't know what it will be. Many claim to have sold their first few cars at $20K+ premiums.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts