BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

M5 Supercharger Dinan Vs. Discovery Vs RMS

17K views 166 replies 41 participants last post by  mfizzlenyc 
dinanm5NY said:
lets hear some prices i know people have asked or know how much was the sc black discovery beast 800hp
Whats the point of comparing prices of 2 projects but the work involved in one is not even close to other!

Its more like 800WHP +

Philip said:
Well, for one thing you have a track record of complaining about Dinan's pricing
It seems you dont know the difference between a price and a over price

P.S. i know how jelous you are cuz it only took you 1 hour to reply to this thread and at the same time you didnt bother to reply to the M5 from Hell thread

keep talking and dreaming cuz you cant afford either of them :byebye:

Philip said:
As your car would be illegal to operate on U.S. roads

oh yeah i know why. Thats because its got arabic plates and front tinted windshield.

But guess what... its still being driven in California :p

Philip said:
Lets not make this personal, please.
Look whos talking ?

Philip said:
Well, for one thing you have a track record of complaining about Dinan's pricing, but I think you have paid more (shipping included, but not including your RMS screwing)

Good night everyone as it is already 3 in the morning in this part of the world and im not going to waste my energy arguing with a person from the internet who is clearly jelous.

And to get back on topic. A fair comparison is to compare a 610-620 hp D/A SC M5 (didnt the first built D/A SC M5 pump that much?) with the dinan S3. And i find it hard to believe that D/A cars would fail smog since D/A are located in Cali and shadowman's car is supercharged and is registered in Cali.

chunpng said:
I don't get the resaon to spend $65k, or more, to get 800 RWHP out of an M5.
Doesnt the dinan s3 cost in the same region ? I dont see why anyone would pay that much for only 617hp where D/A would cost you half the price for the same output. If warratnty is the excuse, well D/A offers warranty as well.

As your comment on the 800WHP M5. Well those who went for the projects are the only ones who see the reason to do it and you mgiht very well not agree with them. Extreme interests require extreme measures

phinnbillM5 said:
What we do not know is its reliability
Sure will let you know.

Hopefully and for the last time tonight.. good night cuz im half a sleep ;)

chunpng said:
Black,

I'm not doubting YOUR decisions. I'm just saying that I can't see it for myself. I guess you knew that.

Hmmm... DA gives say 620 HP for say $35k, now that's great news. 800 RWHP will surely cost a ton more as these things are almost exponential, never linear.

Thanks for the info.

CP
I never said you did. What i meant to say was that your fingers arent alike and the market's demand is always for different products and at different levels. A different product could very well be a higher output converstion and that was what i meant. Some see the reason to do and some don't. The reason for some could very well be satisfaction (not saying that its mine). I think the same could be said about the 7 diablo VTTT's that were built. To my information, non of them are used on the streets but rather kept as show cars or garage cars. There you go.. figure that one out ouich

I think D/A could biuld a 500 WHP SC setup for even less than 35,000 but i cant talk for them nor reprsent them. I suggest you contact them to get the definite answer

a_ok2me,

Thank you sir for your kind comments as i would definitely give you a ride in my crazy beast if you were in my neighborhood because true gentlemen deserve to enjoy the real candy :thumbsup:

a_ok2me said:
IBlack M5, you should have gotton the clear cover to show off the horns.
Sorry for not answering your question. I asked shadowman that and he said it wasn't possible to install the clear cover on an engine running on high boost. He said though that it could be installed on a engine pumping 5-7 psi which should pump i the region of 600 hp.

Here is the pircture

gsfent said:
there is probably 100 or more horsepower being left on the table to make sure the motors hold together
Nobody other than Bill knows how much will be left to spare till it is dynoed and then ready and completed.. but i have been informed by Bill that the car wont be running on max power but rather like you stated power and timing brought back abit inorder for it to have a longer life

cherrsagai

Not Osh again

This the what DA picked up from RMS after they claimed the project was moving forward on schedule.... a mess...

The above statement is true and not to forget all the missing parts that Bill had to buy and i pay including a new block after picking the remaining of my engine.

Nothing more to say and it is enough what is said in my signiture :byebye:

Im not going to jump the gun before i get the car back and see for myself how good/bad it is with of course Bill in presence (thats the main reason i asked him to flyout). Secondly, i have already have a person see and hear the car first hand so that gives optimism for now

ard said:
Well, Saturday chores be damned, I took a drive down. (All 28 miles..)

What can one say?

(Abdullah and Rob- you are gonna pee your pants.)

These cars are just exceptional pieces of work. Nothing lookes kludged, nothing out of place. Really sharp.

I brought my D100 camera, but didn't take one picture- it wasn't my place to. We've seen them before and I hope we some some finished pics as well.

My primary reason for driving down was to HEAR them- well, they do not dissapoint- throaty and edgy, with that tight supercharger whine. I WANT ONE!!!

I have my favorite, but I'll keep that to myself. :)

(Rob's trunk mat and Abdullah's rear floor mats take the cake...the rest of Rob's trunk is cool too.)

Everybody- really nice work.

A

Re: Hello Gustav

kees said:
Actually - I would like to extend this invitation to Discovery and Dinan too. For someone who stands behind their product hosting a testdrive to a M5board moderator representing a massive potential customer basis should certainly not present a problem?
i agree

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.