Registered
1,213 Posts
1. That's quite ugly :crying:

2. The 550i has not been produced yet?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Wolverine said:
Here is a picture of the start/stop button on the 550i. I would imagine this would be the same button we'll see in the M5 starting September production.

i have already seen a pre-production spec, North American spec 2006MY M5. and i can confirm the start/stop looks exactly like that.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
The hole where you normally put your key into just looks fed up ugly (sorry..), I like the button itself a lot, but that big sphere on the wheel root isn't my cup of tea..

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Yup - just a gimmick to get you to shell out more money...

Unless you pay them $1000 extra for Comfort Access, you still have to put in the key, just like in the old car, but now you ALSO have to press the start button!

What a rip-off feature...

·
Registered
540 Posts
hythe said:
Yup - just a gimmick to get you to shell out more money...

Unless you pay them $1000 extra for Comfort Access, you still have to put in the key, just like in the old car, but now you ALSO have to press the start button!

What a rip-off feature...
Well you used to have to put the key in AND turn it

Now you have a easier to carry key and you just plug it in and hit the button all in one easy motion

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
The new key is certainly not smaller than the old; it is much fatter. The old key inserts and starts the car in one motion while the new one is really a pain that requires the insertion and then a separate push of the button. The push button starter is purely a stylistic element with no functional value. I disliked it in the 745Li I had and am paying $1000 extra for a dumb comfort access function.

Tom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.