BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Gustav said:
Still a testing mule. Hope he floored it :).
That's the exact same one I saw! I remember the license plate. It's like this board has spies all over the world. :cool: The Oxnard testing guys must be reading this and chuckling.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Marku5 said:
That's the exact same one I saw! I remember the license plate. It's like this board has spies all over the world. :cool: The Oxnard testing guys must be reading this and chuckling.

All the test mules comming out of the VDC in Oxnard have the same plate number... including the M6 M5s M3s etc... I think CA DOT just assign BMW test cars one numbers for all their cars.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I wonder why there are still test cars on the road now that final production has commenced.

I assume it's one of the following:

(1) The US cars are SLIGHTLY different (e.g. lights, dash etc.) and the cars are being road tested prior to certification/homologation(sp?) inspections.

(2) There is something VERY different under that body (e.g. manual transmission, another vehicle altogether?) and these cars are getting ready for the hot weather tests in Death Valley.

Any thoughts? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
955 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
I wonder why there are still test cars on the road now that final production has commenced.

I assume it's one of the following:

(1) The US cars are SLIGHTLY different (e.g. lights, dash etc.) and the cars are being road tested prior to certification/homologation(sp?) inspections.

(2) There is something VERY different under that body (e.g. manual transmission, another vehicle altogether?) and these cars are getting ready for the hot weather tests in Death Valley.

Any thoughts? :rolleyes:
or perhaps something as simple as reliability testing. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts