BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am new posting to the board here and am a USAF guy stationed here in germany. I am also fortunate enough to put a deposit down ($3K) on a new US spec M5 and my local pentagon sales rep tells me I can choose options in July for hopefully a Sept delivery. Since I am close to Munich (4hrs) hopefully it will arrive quickly. Well, I got the call yesterday and the beast is here in Kaiserslautern ready to be shown this weekend so got a personal tour of the car and took some snaps, since that is what everyone wants to see! It has the full alacantra/leather option costing 7000+Euro! I also took soime pics of the rear shade in operation to see how it works. Sorry for the out of focus on some as too excited to be around and in the car. Also tried those active side rest things and they really pin you in there. Looking forward to my test drive of the Euro version end of April when I hear they are getting one to test drive. They also had an m-package tourer there which looked sharp with the carbon fiber interior, and a converted z4 with lambo doors...pretty interesting.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
The rear sunshade looks the same design as the current one on the E39 M5s. I guess there's no need to update it since it has worked well (on mine) for 5 years now.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A few more pics I got from yesterday...

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Great pics!

Thanks for sharing. Have not seen the shade on any car yet. I did order that.

Cheers!

:cheers:

·
Registered
27 Posts
sweet, nice pics, now that its launched in the euro areas, lets also wait for the american launch...hmm which is 3-4 months right

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Great pics, thanks for posting. It all seems so real now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts