BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am going out to lunch today. Minding my own business when I notice the wheels and color on this 5-series. A couple of moments later it registers as being the new M5.

I turned arround and started chasing the car. The only thing handy to take pictures with was my cell phone.

The car drove on some side streets at the intersection between Rt 17 and Rt 3. There were 2 passangers in the car and it appeared as if they were looking for a place to run it a little. Also it was interesting that it had regular NJ plates, not dealer or manufacture one.

.Mdrei

Attachments

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
Nice find. Since that is close to BMW NA headquarters, most likely it is a BMW NA car. After all, what is the alternative?

·
Registered
49,475 Posts
Very very nice! I love all these "M5board.com spies" out here! This post will be on the front page and thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wolverine said:
How did it sound?
Unfortunately I could not really tell. There was traffic and he was running at low rpms. Only once I heard the exhaust and it was to brief to make something of it.

However, the Silverstone color in full sunlight is stunning, very, very bright. Plus he ran over some bumps and the suspension is stiff...it was moving like an M3.

.Mdrei

·
Registered
476 Posts
Is Silverstone different than Ti Silver?

What was your first impression - silver car?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Re: Is Silverstone different than Ti Silver?

stominovich said:
What was your first impression - silver car?
It does look silver, but not as heavy as the TiS...and in the bright sunlight it has a slight tint of very light sky blue.

It caught my attention as a "What type of silver is that? Looks different."
.Mdrei

1 - 9 of 9 Posts