BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have any CF on my M5 by choice....BUT...I am getting ready to order the Revozport RH2 for the front...and I'm thinking it might look nice....so I figured I would get some opinions.....get it in the plastic and paint it black to match the car? Or Carbon Fiber and leave it unfinished?

What do you guys think?

Chris

·
Registered
994 Posts
I don't have any CF on my M5 by choice....BUT...I am getting ready to order the Revozport RH2 for the front...and I'm thinking it might look nice....so I figured I would get some opinions.....get it in the plastic and paint it black to match the car? Or Carbon Fiber and leave it unfinished?

What do you guys think?

Chris
I'd have it paint matched.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
id have it in CF, but... if u do go for CF ull need more CF stuff to make the car look better.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
color match it Chris....

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hahahah.....yeah..it was my instint to colormatch it......I went by and saw Rabdogs way bitchen M5 today.....he has the same splitter...but the carbon fiber is more of a dark grey than black....in my head I was imagining it being blacker...so....black it is.....
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Get the CF and get it smoked/ tinted out here is a sample that Nathan from http://candccollision.com/ (one of the best in the business) did for board member CRNJYM5 project black e39 M5...

Hahahah.....yeah..it was my instint to colormatch it......I went by and saw Rabdogs way bitchen M5 today.....he has the same splitter...but the carbon fiber is more of a dark grey than black....in my head I was imagining it being blacker...so....black it is.....
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Leave it black

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
As Laidback suggested, tint or clearcoat on top of carbon. If you look from distance, it's more black, but when look closely, then you can see the carbon weavy. Very cool.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmmmmmm VERY interesting.....Im liking that quite a bit....

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi Chris

Great thread as I too am about to order a RH2 splitter when they get them back in stock. My car is black as well and couldn't decide whether to go CF or paint match. I do have a CF grill so was thinking CF. If it doesn't look "right", I am assuming it is easy to repaint?

Hadn't thought of clear tinting either but that does look great. I might go for that now.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah....it is simple for any "Pro" to paint Carbon Fiber....so if you want to just get it...install it and see how it looks..you could totally do that....then if you want to paint it....no problem...and I agree...I am thinking the tinted clear is the way to go...and if for whatever reason I don't like it enough.....then I'll just paint it black.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts