BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2005 m5 and i have difficulties when shift from 1-2 and 3-2 gears.i have a new clutch and flywheel.my dealer found 4fA0 and 4f80 fault code and we changed both cluth and flywheel,but the problem remains the same and code 4f80 is still there.please any info.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Unfortunately.....

i have a 2005 m5 and i have difficulties when shift from 1-2 and 3-2 gears.i have a new clutch and flywheel.my dealer found 4fA0 and 4f80 fault code and we changed both cluth and flywheel,but the problem remains the same and code 4f80 is still there.please any info.
You have an early build SMG tranny, which frequently fail. You need a whole new tranny. 'Hope your warranty is still valid. Good luck.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Dan, are you 100% sute on that?

In anycase, if that is the case I am suire it will be taken care of on goodwill.

Gustav

You have an early build SMG tranny, which frequently fail. You need a whole new tranny. 'Hope your warranty is still valid. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
My brother has an 04 M3 with SMG. He has no 4th gear. They have changed clutch/flywheel with no success. New tranny is next. I think the "new tranny" comment may be correct. Good luck.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Wow, I hope you get it fixed. How long would it take for a new tranny to be installed?

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
What??

Dan, are you 100% sute on that?

In anycase, if that is the case I am suire it will be taken care of on goodwill.

Gustav
I don't understand your question. This Board is full of dozens of reports of early build ('06 and prior) SMG tranny failures; many times multiple failures on the same car. The OP is a new member. I suppose I could have replied "Do a search"; but thought my post would save him some time.

'Glad you think BMW AG is full of "goodwill". That has NOT been my (and many others) experience with BMWNA (which, thank goodness for the OP if his car is out of warranty, would not be involved with a European owner).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you guys think that the problem is inside the tranny or the hidraulic unit fault,my car has 25000 km.i wiil go to my dealer next week to order a new tranny,he said that it doesnt take more then a week.

·
Registered
147 Posts
My car is an 06 and after about 20 000kms the clutch and flywheel were destroyed. Apparantly it was the hydraulic unit at fault

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
The question was if you are totally sure on that :)

SMG have in ALL cases Ive read on the board been covered by goodwill or warranty.

Have you stole Martin's GTboard.com DVD2 yet? :thumbsup:

I don't understand your question. This Board is full of dozens of reports of early build ('06 and prior) SMG tranny failures; many times multiple failures on the same car. The OP is a new member. I suppose I could have replied "Do a search"; but thought my post would save him some time.

'Glad you think BMW AG is full of "goodwill". That has NOT been my (and many others) experience with BMWNA (which, thank goodness for the OP if his car is out of warranty, would not be involved with a European owner).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
today engine fault came on,reduced power.i was in traffic in 1fst gear and i pressed m button the gear pulsed for seconds and than reduced power came on.i think this is because of the transmission fault.

·
Registered
1 Posts
SMG 2nd gear problem

I have the same problem now the 2nd Gear want shift and a massage of trans. malfunction is on-board every time i try to shift to the 2nd gear it jumps directly to 3ed or back to 1 skipping 2nd ,, pls inform me how did u solve ur problem ? my car is already out of warranty and i paid too much with no results...
if u guys have any thing to send me pls do on [email protected]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts