BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a Black M5 with license plate VortMax today around 11:20am this morning cruising in at around 80mph. Was just wondering is that person is in this board? If so nice ride! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
It was me. I live in Santa Barbara and was going to Pasadena to visit with the parental units for the day. The M5 sure makes the drive a lot more fun.

Greg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,158 Posts
darvin said:
It was me. I live in Santa Barbara and was going to Pasadena to visit with the parental units for the day. The M5 sure makes the drive a lot more fun.

Greg
Hey Greg, Where in SB do you live ? I lived there for years before moving to SD. We visit SB a few times per year now. Our favorite restaurants are CAVA on Coast Village and what used to be called Comeback Cafe, on lower state. Ever take the M5 up Gibralter and on Camino Cielo ? :M5thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
darvin said:
It was me. I live in Santa Barbara and was going to Pasadena to visit with the parental units for the day. The M5 sure makes the drive a lot more fun.

Greg
Again awsome ride! Was just curious if you have any other mods on your car? Your exhaust looks a bit different but maybe not? :cool2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Chuckc: I live by the natural history museum, just off of Mission Canyon. I also like Cava and when I need a healthy shot of cholesterol, I go to Luckys. Another great restaurant is Bouchon. I have yet to take it up to Camino Cielo (east or west?) but have driven it on Gibralter and Old San Marcos Pass roads. There are a few back roads in the Santa Ynez Valley that are also great to drive.

JamE55: Thanks for the compliment. Only mods on car....so far anyway...is the Dinan exhaust and bluetooth. The car is a 2003 that I bought back in January and came with every option you could get. It replaced a 2002 Z3 Coupe. The two cars are difficult to compare since they are so different, but I do prefer the M5. The M5, as my girlfriend puts it, is "good stuff".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
darvin said:
JamE55: Thanks for the compliment. Only mods on car....so far anyway...is the Dinan exhaust and bluetooth. The car is a 2003 that I bought back in January and came with every option you could get. It replaced a 2002 Z3 Coupe. The two cars are difficult to compare since they are so different, but I do prefer the M5. The M5, as my girlfriend puts it, is "good stuff".
:cool2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,158 Posts
darvin said:
Chuckc: I live by the natural history museum, just off of Mission Canyon. I also like Cava and when I need a healthy shot of cholesterol, I go to Luckys. Another great restaurant is Bouchon. I have yet to take it up to Camino Cielo (east or west?) but have driven it on Gibralter and Old San Marcos Pass roads. There are a few back roads in the Santa Ynez Valley that are also great to drive.
In High School, we used to bomb up Gibrater and party. I knew that road so well I could have driven it with my eyes closed. Now that I think about it, back then I might have driven it at some points with my eyes closed ... hiha hiha :haha: :eek:
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top