BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone confirm if the STANDARD M5 seat has the facility where the seat back splits half way up allowing you to move just the top half of the seat back (i.e like E39 comfort seats) ??

If the standard seat does not have this facility then does the M Multifunction seat which costs £1245 extra ??

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
None of us can figure it out.

Read through this thread where we have had a detailed discussion:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45480&page=1

I'm sure the M Multifuntion Seats (option 4MA) will have incoporate an adjustible shoulder bolster, as the photos from Paris etc. certainly indicate this. Additionally, the Comfort Seats are not an option on the E60 M5.

I've ordered 4MA to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm struggling with my head rest. Can't seem to adjust it at all. IS there a trick to this?

Do you simply just pull it up - don't want to break it but fairly sure I've applied enough force. I'm sure my e39 535 had notch just underneath the head rest but can't really remember.

It definitely isn't the electronic version as buttons are blanked out

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
383 Posts
granville-fall said:
I'm struggling with my head rest. Can't seem to adjust it at all. IS there a trick to this?

Do you simply just pull it up - don't want to break it but fairly sure I've applied enough force. I'm sure my e39 535 had notch just underneath the head rest but can't really remember.

It definitely isn't the electronic version as buttons are blanked out

Thanks in advance
What car and seat type are you asking aobut?

The head rest adjustment on the E39 M5 is the backrest shaped control on the sied of the seat, you just move it straight up or down to raise and lower the headrest.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm sure I tried this and nothing happend, perhaps it is bust, hope not.. !!
I might have done this when the ignition was off - but will rule it out either way
Hate finding things that don't work. But thanks for the tip

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yes - you were right. I tried the passanger side first - no problems
but drivers side needs some assitance, it does move, but needs a small amount of pressure to help the motor up/down.

Suspect I'll have add this to my nagging list.

Thanks for the tip. At least both headrests are the same height now

·
Registered
383 Posts
granville-fall said:
Yes - you were right. I tried the passanger side first - no problems
but drivers side needs some assitance, it does move, but needs a small amount of pressure to help the motor up/down.

Suspect I'll have add this to my nagging list.

Thanks for the tip. At least both headrests are the same height now
It might be something catching if its stiff and needs assistance. Unless the dirvers are very different in hight I'd recomend setting it up the same on all memory and key settings. That way the motors wont have to move the headrest and need assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts