BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some custom fit seat covers (sheep skin or better) for my new M5. I live where it is pretty hot and the black leather tends to make my back sweat a little and I want to keep the seats looking new for as long as possible.

Anybody find anything they like?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Larry

·
Registered
722 Posts
Larry,

It's been in the high 90's for month now in Atlanta.

I've been putting sheepskins on the front seats of my cars for years. They're confortable, they make the seat easy to slide into and out of, they are cool in summer and warm in winter, and they protect the leather seat.

I've been using Avril Exclusives in Atlanta as a source of these sheetskins, and I've been impressed with the fit and quality. I'm using them now on the comfort seats of my '97 540ia. When I get my M5, which will have black seats, Avril will be one of my first stops.

The extendable thigh support of the M5 seats might prove tricky, but I'm sure that Avril has a work-around. For instance on my 540ia, the sheepskin passes beneath the adjustable head support, so that the support retains full range of movement.

You should give Avril a call (404-266-3678).

Richard

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Rams head in california is the best i've bought two from them in the dense wool, tip grade. The're expensive but well worth it.
Look in roundel or star magazines. Expect to pay 500-600 hundred if they have it for the M5 seats.

------------------
Jim
00 M5 Titanium over Red

1 - 3 of 3 Posts