BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:cheers: I,m excited because order number one and two just arrived in my country(dominican republic). I,m waiting for order number three that will arrive some near the 12 of june 2005.Finally is here, i can not wait to drive it(interlagos blue-black interior).
Regarding spare tire(that,s what i thougth).ONE SPARE IN THE TRUNK
About breaking(I need some help)some told me to slow down for 2,000 km and on the other way, just let it go to a good temperature and then push the throttle down.(what do I do?).

SORRY I COULD NOT SEND ANY FOTO , THEY WERE MORE THAN 2MB.
I,LL TRY LATER

·
Registered
623 Posts
First of all congrats on your new beast cherrsagai !!! If can send us pictures latter on. We had a discussion a couple days ago on the board about breaking in the engine and from what I have read and concluded almost everyone agreed that you must follow BMW manual on how to break in you new engine. Various reasons were mentioned but I suppose main one BMW guys know better then anyone else therefore better simply to follow manual. Take care.

This is what Gustav mentioned what is in manual although I have not read it myself yet.

Break in procedure:

The rules to run in a brand new BMW M5 is the following:

• <2000 km: not over 5500 rpm or over 170 km/h. No kick-down or engage the gas pedal fully.
  • Between 2000 and 5000 km: Gradually increase the revolutions and the speed, but not over 220 km/h. Do this only briefly, for example during overtaking. Do not use the modes D5, S5 and S6. Do not use Launch Control.

http://www.m5board.com/articles.php?id=34&page=4

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Is the spare an option? If so what is the option code?

The M blow-me system is still standard afaik :3:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Now this is funny, isn't it? The M5 is available in the Dominican Republic before in the United States.

Congratulations on your new car anyways... :happybirt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts