BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm planing to do my Rob bearing before is too late but I just have a few questions and I hope you guys can help me out so while I'm already down there what else I'm supone to check or change I just want to do everything so I don't have to take everything apart twice?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
So I'm planing to do my Rob bearing before is too late but I just have a few questions and I hope you guys can help me out so while I'm already down there what else I'm supone to check or change I just want to do everything so I don't have to take everything apart twice?
Vanos HP hose, chain guides, update the oil squirters to newer design, engine mounts, power steering expansion hose (check if leaking because it requires subframe to be lowered to replace).. thats what I had the shop do with mine.. and who is Rob???

·
Registered
864 Posts
Inspect the Vanos pump bearing race. If the car pre 11/05 may also wise to upgrade the Vanos pump drive gear and the one on the crankshaft.

What is the closure on the SMG PLCD fault. It is always nice for any who reads a thread to have the final fix. I always feel frustrated when people don't come back for the final verdict and finding on a malfunction.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts