BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - I'm looking for a set of M5 wheels for a black 540i, but I want them either shadow or hyper black. I know where to find them for the E46 M3 - can anybody point me to where I can find these M5 wheels?

TIA :cheers:

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Once you go from "OE" or "real BMW wheels" you move into an area of "who know what you are buying, there are no criteria any more".

I wouldn't drive on 'aftermarket' or 'OEM' wheels. Do keep in mind that "OEM" is not the same as "real OE wheels"..it seems that OEM has become perverted to mean 'copies made in a factory that maybe once made OE wheels for a car manufacturer, maybe'. OEM used to mean 'same part, same mfg, just not with the OE partnumber or label' ...but no longer.

Fleabay seems to have plenty.

·
Registered
117 Posts
+1 to what ARD has said. Not only is the quality better with Facotry OE wheels, but they're also lighter and will hold up MUCH better. I've heard some aftermarkte wheels are good enough to be boat anchors and alot of them are soft, cast wheels unlike the forged OE ones.

(Cheap plug) but I have some M5 wheels for sale right now! I have a couple pressing offers but nobody has put money in my pocket yet so if you're interested then please let me know! Oh and they were on a black car :haha: and relatively inexpensive for OE wheels!

FYI I've heard through bf.c that BMW has been cracking down on M5 reps (or at least the shadow chrome finish). Somebody mentioned that due to patent infringement that places like Lakeshorewheel and tire will quit carrying them soon...

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=939543

(more pics in the link)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts