BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yes it's possible... for a price.

I have not posted here for a while since I moved to the dark side. However, this weekend I rented an M5 from Gotham Dream Cars in NYC. Although I no longer need a fast sedan, I was always interested in how the E60 compares to the E39.

Pros:

Awesome driving experience

Perfect blend of practicality and speed

Cons:

Weird gear engagement in D mode

Slow gear changes in S mode

Needs more torque

Not to beat a dead horse, but The interior does not do justice to such an expensive car.

No rear view camera

Horrible fuel consumption. (my SL55 does not spend this much time at gas stations).

Overall, the experience was positive. I highly recommend Gotham. They have an amazing selection of high-end cars and the entire process was seamless.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Did they take a tire depth reading before you rented it ?????
..........SMOKE'EM, BABY.................

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
$895 per day $1750 for the weekend.

details here:

http://www.gothamdreamcars.com

Everything in the States seems cheap...

My car was in the dealer some time ago after a nice lady found me in a park to tell me that she had reversed into my car, thankfully, only a tiny scratch, as it was on her insurance I got it fixed and a company hired me a M5 which her Insurance paid for and it was well over twice that price per day....

I think the car hire was the most expensive part of the repair:haha:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Everything in the States seems cheap...

My car was in the dealer some time ago after a nice lady found me in a park to tell me that she had reversed into my car, thankfully, only a tiny scratch, as it was on her insurance I got it fixed and a company hired me a M5 which her Insurance paid for and it was well over twice that price per day....

I think the car hire was the most expensive part of the repair:haha:
Accident Exchange perhaps? I had an M6 for a couple of months while mine was being fixed - rental cost £25k!! I have a court case next week about who pays! (not me regardless!)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Accident Exchange perhaps? I had an M6 for a couple of months while mine was being fixed - rental cost £25k!! I have a court case next week about who pays! (not me regardless!)
I think that was the company, I also took the insurance to cover the hire cost in case they refused to pay, all of £10 if I remember correctly.

Rental costs of £25K :eek:oohhh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts