BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone break down the total M5 production numbers by series and by year? I've always wanted to know.

Thanks:M5eyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
therapy said:
Can anyone break down the total M5 production numbers by series and by year? I've always wanted to know.

Thanks:M5eyes:
There is complete data at http://www.bmwmregistry.com under the FAQ section. Here's the data for the E39:

How many of each version of the E39 M5 were produced?
ECE (LHD): 7,895 examples produced from 10/98 thru 06/03
ECE (RHD): 2,595 examples produced from 10/98 thru 06/03
NA (LHD): 9,992 examples produced from 09/99 thru 06/03

Ben
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,776 Posts
therapy said:
Can anyone break down the total M5 production numbers by series and by year? I've always wanted to know.

Thanks:M5eyes:
It has been done before on this board, possibly by Bluemax??? Perhaps a search of the archives will turn it up for you.
Regards,
Jerry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[

How many of each version of the E39 M5 were produced?
ECE (LHD): 7,895 examples produced from 10/98 thru 06/03
ECE (RHD): 2,595 examples produced from 10/98 thru 06/03
NA (LHD): 9,992 examples produced from 09/99 thru 06/03

Thanks Ben, I appreciate your prompt reply. I will check the registry.
Many thanks

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Does any one have the yearly production numbers? They are not provided in the registry. When I asked BMW NA for the 03 numbers they said that 1,666 E39's were sold in the US, but I've also heard different numbers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,412 Posts
Check out the collection of best threads forum. Heres the link to the thread by Blue Max
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Terk said:
Check out the collection of best threads forum. Heres the link to the thread by Blue Max
Thanks Tony - much appreciated. I guess those numbers include us Canucks eh?
Yale
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,412 Posts
therapy said:
Thanks Tony - much appreciated. I guess those numbers include us Canucks eh?
Yale
I don't believe those numbers include Canada. BMW Canada reports directly to Munich and reports it's sales seperately from BMW NA. Just guessing but I don't think there are that many E39 M5's north of the border. There was a thread for us canadians to report in some time ago but I don't think there were that many that jumped in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Terk said:
I don't believe those numbers include Canada. BMW Canada reports directly to Munich and reports it's sales seperately from BMW NA. Just guessing but I don't think there are that many E39 M5's north of the border. There was a thread for us canadians to report in some time ago but I don't think there were that many that jumped in.
Thanks for the reply. Actually, that thread still exists. It hides at the bottom of the Beasts on the Board thread. I haven't added my car to it yet since it seems that it's been inactive for some time. The totals from Max and the Registry show the number for North America for the 5 years totalling almost the same as here (9,992) which could be that only 1,000 or so ended up in Canada over the 5 year period. Who knows for sure.
take care
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top