BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the stoplight today in my M5 and this guy was in front of me. At least he bought the license plate frame to match. When the light changed he took off really fast. I guess he was trying to impress someone. :M5launch:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I was at the stoplight today in my M5 and this guy was in front of me. At least he bought the license plate frame to match. When the light changed he took off really fast. I guess he was trying to impress someone. :M5launch:
Here in PR there are a LOT of these impersonators specially the (M5 Look). I sodomise them every oportunity I get

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hey

Hey guys I know you guys are hating on this car, no its not mine my fiance has the same car. Its just a 335 with the M-sport package, Very nice car but I agree the M badge is a little over kill. The M-sport package includes the m style steering wheel, upgraded handbrake and the door sills read as if it was an m- car.

·
Registered
452 Posts
it is not a imposer to me. it is legit if the car has M package.

·
Registered
59 Posts
335i with the MSport package is legit. STOP HATIN!!!!

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
335i with the MSport package is legit. STOP HATIN!!!!
nothing wrong w/ a MSport package, but that ///M badge, in my opinion, should come off.

335s w/ the M package don't come with that badge anyways...

·
Registered
312 Posts
Maybe it's chipped and want a race.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
That badge has ruined a very nice car!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hmm.

I guess techincally it's an //M3 poser. I see he is has a handicap sticker on his plate. Maybe it's a mental handicap and the dealer tricked him into thinking it was an actual M3? I will imagine that so as to not be disgusted first thing in the morning.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Reactions: Ahmed

·
Registered
162 Posts
Here in PR there are a LOT of these impersonators specially the (M5 Look). I sodomise them every oportunity I get
Well I don't really see a problem with puting an M5 bumper on a normal 5'er to make it look nicer. But when someone puts the M badge on the back, it seems that person is trying to fool people into thinking its a real M5. Not cool in my books.

p.s. But don't worry, for every "1" M poser, there are prolly "10" AMG posers lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The owner should express themselves as they want to, but in my opinion it looks tacky - the very opposite of //M-ness. The add-on //M emblem isn't even lined up properly... you have to shake your head on this one.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It looks tacky to all - fine. But again, this is a free world and if the owner loves M5s and can’t yet afford a new one (obviously he could afford a used one in a heart beat) then I don’t see a problem with them expressing themselves by attaching the M badge. It doesn’t harm the M owners in anyway; I actually see it as an appreciation for the M community.

He is a handicapped person; let him be and let’s be thankful we don’t have that badge on our OWN cars – the handicapped badge.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
It looks tacky to all - fine. But again, this is a free world and if the owner loves M5s and can’t yet afford a new one (obviously he could afford a used one in a heart beat) then I don’t see a problem with them expressing themselves by attaching the M badge. It doesn’t harm the M owners in anyway; I actually see it as an appreciation for the M community.

He is a handicapped person; let him be and let’s be thankful we don’t have that badge on our OWN cars – the handicapped badge.
Im a disabled vet and have a handicap tag. I consider myself very fortunate though. Your right, to each his own, and it's his car. Still though, if it were me, I wouldn't do it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Funny thing was around my town a all white bmw 760 with M package pulled along side me and had the same M badge .had a black rear diffuser ,wheels had the M stamp/decal on them .

here is a photo but it was white ..

·
Registered
160 Posts
That's nothing. I saw a de-badged 525i rocking a full //M5 badge the other week in So. Cali.

I looked over at the driver to shake my head and he wouldn't even make eye contact with me.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well I don't really see a problem with puting an M5 bumper on a normal 5'er to make it look nicer. But when someone puts the M badge on the back, it seems that person is trying to fool people into thinking its a real M5. Not cool in my books.

p.s. But don't worry, for every "1" M poser, there are prolly "10" AMG posers lol.

Those aren't AMG posers....the cars really did come with the AMG badge. Assuming you're referring to the older AMG's (mid 2000's). Mercedes was sticking an AMG badge on almost anything they sold. Maybe it has AMG trim, but it's missing the most important part: the engine.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Those aren't AMG posers....the cars really did come with the AMG badge. Assuming you're referring to the older AMG's (mid 2000's). Mercedes was sticking an AMG badge on almost anything they sold. Maybe it has AMG trim, but it's missing the most important part: the engine.
No they didnt. They would put "AMG" on things like the rims and the stearing wheel, much like the "M sport packages" for BMW. Merc never put an AMG badge on the tunk of any of their cars, ever. Unless it was a true AMG with the AMG motor.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts