BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
The Carrara wood looks much better in these photos - must be the lighting?!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I'm really starting to like the Sepang Bronze. Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Opposite_Lock said:
Thanks for pics.

I, too, am starting to really like Sepang. I would be concerned about resale, though. It looks to be a love-it-or-hate-it type deal.
I'm sure that the more people will see the new M5 in this color, the more they will like it. I'd like to see the new M5 in a dark red color, I think that that would be the way to go on the E60.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
jos said:
I'd like to see the new M5 in a dark red color, I think that that would be the way to go on the E60.
You mean like Indianapolis Red:

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Bronze has been a very popular new ear BMW color in HK, I see quite a lot of new 7ers and 5ers in bronze. I personally think it looks great! Like the exterior and interior, the color looks modern.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Indeed Ashok. That red is the ultimate color on the E60 IMO. It hades the couple of ugly lines that it has, and it looks very classy. If I were to buy an E60 M5 I'd go for Indianapolis red, for sure. Does anyone know if there are more pictures of that color around?

·
Registered
853 Posts
The more I see Sepang Bronze, the more I like it. I still don't like the Carrara wood, though. That said, I'd still choose Silverstone II

Millie

B

·
0 Posts
Indianapolis red looks great. Probabaly my third favorite color for the e60 M5 after black and onyx blue.

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
816 Posts
vndkshn said:
I wonder why BMW is not showing the cars in blue or red... all we have seen in the shows is silver and bronze.
I thought I read that BMW thinks the silver is more for the sporty driver whereas the bronze is more for the luxury driver. Other colours are just examples of each "category". Not that I agree with that thinking!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Millie Miglia said:
The more I see Sepang Bronze, the more I like it. I still don't like the Carrara wood, though. That said, I'd still choose Silverstone II

Millie
Yes, and the more I see the interior of the E60 M5, the more I like the interior of my E39 M5!!!!! :sad3:

·
Registered
722 Posts
zzzzMD said:
Yes, and the more I see the interior of the E60 M5, the more I like the interior of my E39 M5!!!!! :sad3:
My preference would be to choose an all black interior for the E60 M5 to suppress some of the graceless contours, and then I would use wood accents for warmth and luxury. Unfortunately, it would have been better, IMHO, for BMW to have rendered the iDrive controller knob and the base for the SMG shifter in black, which would have looked equally good with brushed aluminum or wood accents (see attachment). At present these pieces don't compliment wood.

Richard

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts