BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a couple of weeks in traveling to the East Coast, but I just got my M5 delivered to my Southern California address, via Passport Trasport.(great trasport company)

When I picked the car up in Virgina Beach I had a couple of suprises. The first was that the headliner was not what I had ordered. It was the "fuzzy" one and not the "leather like"( I forget the exact BMW term)one I wanted. On top of this, they put a front license plate holder on the car when I told them not to. It really detracts from the look. You cannot undrill the holes in the bumper. Let me tell you, I was not happy.

These are small things when you consider the type of car we are talking about, but I want it my way because I am paying for it to be that way!

My point to all of this is, I called an Orange County dealer who says he can get me another M5 just like I have without the mistakes and take mine and resell it(at a small makeup I am sure). Perhaps there are some of you who would like a first crack at it?!

It is carbon black with extended silverstone sport interior. I did not buy it to resell it, but I want one like I ordered so give me your feedback.

I am not trying to gouge anyone, but you would have to wait till my new one arrives and I do not have an exact date yet. I think it is worth the MSRP I paid for it and the shipping to the West coast.
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,698 Posts
sorry to hear of your disappointment.

these order mixups happens too often- this is why I always argue with people who buy from far away that they should go drive the car instead of getting it transported: inside this argument is the fact that you can see the car at the dealer and make your points right there.

ME
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,144 Posts
You should have them replace your bumper due to the fact that you asked them not to drill. I think someone else here on the forum (sorry if I forget who) did the same with his silver (of which he also posted picts. looks strange).

--Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Originally posted by MAH:
It has been a couple of weeks in traveling to the East Coast, but I just got my M5 delivered to my Southern California address, via Passport Trasport.(great trasport company)

When I picked the car up in Virgina Beach I had a couple of suprises. The first was that the headliner was not what I had ordered. It was the "fuzzy" one and not the "leather like"( I forget the exact BMW term)one I wanted. On top of this, they put a front license plate holder on the car when I told them not to. It really detracts from the look. You cannot undrill the holes in the bumper. Let me tell you, I was not happy.

These are small things when you consider the type of car we are talking about, but I want it my way because I am paying for it to be that way!

My point to all of this is, I called an Orange County dealer who says he can get me another M5 just like I have without the mistakes and take mine and resell it(at a small makeup I am sure). Perhaps there are some of you who would like a first crack at it?!

It is carbon black with extended silverstone sport interior. I did not buy it to resell it, but I want one like I ordered so give me your feedback.

I am not trying to gouge anyone, but you would have to wait till my new one arrives and I do not have an exact date yet. I think it is worth the MSRP I paid for it and the shipping to the West coast.

Hello - Get a hold of me tonight. I was making plans to go pick up a car in Chicago next week. If you are on the west coast maybe you and I can make a deal. email me @ [email protected] I check it frequently.

Larry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Larry:
Hello - Get a hold of me tonight. I was making plans to go pick up a car in Chicago next week. If you are on the west coast maybe you and I can make a deal. email me @ [email protected] I check it frequently.

Larry

Hello Larry,

I will get in touch on your E-mail.

Mark
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Let me know if you are really interesting as I have to call the dealer for the one I can pick up in Chicago on Monday. I have to commit today! I would rather not have to travel to Chicago to pick it up.


Larry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Larry:
Let me know if you are really interesting as I have to call the dealer for the one I can pick up in Chicago on Monday. I have to commit today! I would rather not have to travel to Chicago to pick it up.


Larry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Larry:
Let me know if you are really interesting as I have to call the dealer for the one I can pick up in Chicago on Monday. I have to commit today! I would rather not have to travel to Chicago to pick it up.


Larry
Larry,

I am entertaining the thought of selling the car to get the exact options that I had wanted. It really pains me to to this because it is a dream to drive. It currently has 800 miles on it and not a scratch on it. The dealer here says he would gladly take it as a trade in and make it up $20k.

I am not interested in marking it up like this, but I would like a fair market price, otherwise I will drive it till my second one comes in six months from now.

Let me know if you are still interested.

Thanks,

Mark
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top