BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all the Beast owners who have purchased a AAA / corpmsc extended warranty, which coverage did you get, the Platinum or Gold?
In reviewing the coverage listed on the corpmsc site, the "Gold" plan seems to cover some components (especially the clutch and sensors) which are not covered under the Platinum plan. In regards to the repair history pattern on our cars, which plan is advisable? I plan to purchase one of these within the next 2000 miles.
I have an '01 w/ 46000 miles, and have an extended 4/50k factory warranty (until 9/05). I have 1 green bar left so it looks like Inspection II will be performed before the warranty expires. Also, I have a "squeaky clutch" which the dealer had previously addressed w/ "lubricating the moving parts", but did not resolve. I suspect a worn pressure plate or throw-out bearing, and will request a clutch replacement w/ Inspection II. I have already had a CPS and O2 sensor replaced.
Thanks in advance for any replies.

Danny

·
Registered
205 Posts
dannyc said:
To all the Beast owners who have purchased a AAA / corpmsc extended warranty, which coverage did you get, the Platinum or Gold?
In reviewing the coverage listed on the corpmsc site, the "Gold" plan seems to cover some components (especially the clutch and sensors) which are not covered under the Platinum plan. In regards to the repair history pattern on our cars, which plan is advisable? I plan to purchase one of these within the next 2000 miles.
I have an '01 w/ 46000 miles, and have an extended 4/50k factory warranty (until 9/05). I have 1 green bar left so it looks like Inspection II will be performed before the warranty expires. Also, I have a "squeaky clutch" which the dealer had previously addressed w/ "lubricating the moving parts", but did not resolve. I suspect a worn pressure plate or throw-out bearing, and will request a clutch replacement w/ Inspection II. I have already had a CPS and O2 sensor replaced.

Danny
Danny: The Gold plan was the highest coverage available for my '00 M5, so that's what I have. I thought the Platinum coverage incorporated everything that's covered by the Gold plan? Maybe not. In any case, you're on the right track making sure the plan you buy covers you for the typical repair items.

You might also ask your dealer whether they offer an extended warranty through www.easycare.com. That could be a good option, too.

Mike

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Do you happen to know if EasyCare will write for cars in California? For some reason ... Many companies will not ... That is why I ask.

Also ... Do you what their maximum requirements are ... Age of car, mileage, etc?

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
dannyc said:

Danny
Danny,

What dealer are you going through to purchase this extended warranty? I am also in the market for an extension. What was the cost?

Thanks,

Mark

Mike - what is the cost of the easycare extended plan?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi

As I have written before, I have the AAA warranty Platinum plans on both my 99 540iAT and my 2000 M5. I just bought the M5 plan about 2 months ago and the 540iAT plan about 18 months ago. No claims yet for the M5 but several on the 540. They paid with no problems, radiator, brake lines, O2 sensors, electric fan, fluids. Used 2 different dealers and they both had no problems getting paid.

The top plan is the Platinum plan, it is exclusionary meaning that those items listed are NOT covered. The Gold plan I believe is a listed plan meaning that only those items listed ARE covered. I don't believe that any plan covers the clutch or any other wear items.

I have been very happy with the plan. I went with AAA because of the peace of mind that AAA was more financially sound (I hope).

I have the $0 deductible on my 540 and $100 deductible on the M5. I had 46,000 miles when I bought the M5 plan, they told me 48,000 was the cutoff for Platinum coverage.

Feel free to email me with any other questions.

Sincerely
Peter M

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MAH said:
Danny,

What dealer are you going through to purchase this extended warranty? I am also in the market for an extension. What was the cost?

Thanks,

Mark

Mike - what is the cost of the easycare extended plan?
Mark,
I am not the original owner so I will not go through the dealer (I "frequent" Momentum for my extensive list of repairs because of proximity to work, o/w would use BMW North) for an extended warranty. I will likely purchase a AAA/corpmsc 3rd party plan soon.

OT: I hope the Houston guys can get together one day. Recent attempts have been futile. :hihi:

Mike and Peter, I appreciate the input. I will speak w/ corpmsc to clear up my confusion. Their website indicates clutch component coverage for the Gold, but not the Platinum plan. Mike, why wasn't the Platinum plan available for you?

Danny

·
Registered
205 Posts
dannyc said:
Mike and Peter, I appreciate the input. I will speak w/ corpmsc to clear up my confusion. Their website indicates clutch component coverage for the Gold, but not the Platinum plan. Mike, why wasn't the Platinum plan available for you?

Danny
My interpretation of the AAA/corpmsc plans is that they don't cover repairs to the clutch. I'd be surprised if any extended warranty covered such "consumables".

My car ('00 Dinan M5) had too many miles (nearly 68,000) to be eligible for the Platinum coverage, so I settled for the Gold.

Cheers, Mike

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
dannyc said:
Mark,
OT: I hope the Houston guys can get together one day. Recent attempts have been futile. :hihi:
Danny
OT II: I think MAH should just swing his ol' boots up off his footstool and get something going HA HA

I mean how painful can it be--to go somewhere, be served good food, talk cars, then retire to the parking lot to gawk and drive--sounds positively horrible :1: . Geez, you people are going to make me throttle the whole lot of you if you don;t plan something.

Besides, MAH always does those fancy lists to keep track of who all's coming
:hihihi:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
gra8fuldd ed said:
Do you happen to know if EasyCare will write for cars in California? For some reason ... Many companies will not ... That is why I ask.
Peter Pan BMW in San Mateo, CA sells EasyCare.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts