BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up. Finally the M5 is ordered. Got everything I wanted but only 1 thing. Was planning on getting the Alpine White/Indy Red int. WITH the Ventilated seats but those seats aren't available in the red. So I still did the red just without the Ventialted. Scheduled for week 9/38... Any idea when I should get it?

Alpine White ext
Indianapolis Red Int
Rear side impact airbags
Comfort Access
Multifunction seats
Active Seat width Adj.
Head-up display
Sat Radio
Alum int. trim

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
RYAN17 said:
Whats up. Finally the M5 is ordered. Got everything I wanted but only 1 thing. Was planning on getting the Alpine White/Indy Red int. WITH the Ventilated seats but those seats aren't available in the red. So I still did the red just without the Ventialted. Scheduled for week 9/38... Any idea when I should get it?

Alpine White ext
Indianapolis Red Int
Rear side impact airbags
Comfort Access
Multifunction seats
Active Seat width Adj.
Head-up display
Sat Radio
Alum int. trim
Congrats! It look like you are scheduled sometime in the third week in September. The production of the car from "birth to maturity" is usually 5 days (yes they do have the factory running on the weekends), then it takes anywhere from 2-7 days to make sure the car is running fine and get the car on the train and to the port. From there, it usually is 14-17 to get overseas to Port Elizabeth, New Jersey. Then, it can be hours to a couple of days to unload the cars and have the BMWNA personnel check the cars for any damage, and also a last minute "quality control check." Then the cars, are placed in order on the grid so the transporter truck "Bavarian Auto Transport" can carry the cars to various dealerships. You are in NY, so I suspect this last step won't take too long. I would expect your car the last week in October.

BTW, REMEMBER to ask the dealership for a "vehicle status report." or when the car has arrived ask to see the spec sheet. If there is a "V" in front of the status number, it means the car had suffered minor damage on transport (usually paint related) and had to be fixed at "vehicle processing center" prior to being delivered. As a rule of thumb, once you are checking status on-line, if you see an unusually long time spent at "port" or "vehicle processing center" it ususally means your car was damaged. Dealers are not obliged to disclose this info to you, but I am sure if you ask them, they can't lie
:cheers:

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Rezf said:
BTW, REMEMBER to ask the dealership for a "vehicle status report." or when the car has arrived ask to see the spec sheet. If there is a "V" in front of the status number, it means the car had suffered minor damage on transport (usually paint related) and had to be fixed at "vehicle processing center" prior to being delivered. As a rule of thumb, once you are checking status on-line, if you see an unusually long time spent at "port" or "vehicle processing center" it ususally means your car was damaged. Dealers are not obliged to disclose this info to you, but I am sure if you ask them, they can't lie
:cheers:
It is true neither the dealer or the manufacturer must voluntarily disclose to you damage prior to delivery of a new vehicle if the damage is less than a retail value of $1500. They MUST disclose all damage to you if you request it. It would be fraudulent if they knowingly told you there was none when in fact there were repairs. They MUST try to find out if you request.

Also, my M5 sat at the dock in NY for more than 10 days "delivering to transport". It left the VPC within one day. It had evidently been placed on the Bavarian trailer and was waiting until other cars for dealers in my area. I contacted Bavarian at the VPC about the lengthy delay ( I got the number at the dock), and was told they had my M5 and this is the story they told me. It took more than 2 weeks to get my car from the NY dock.

I requested and received copies of all transport inspections, both from BMW and Bavarian.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great. Thanks for the info. Yeah I expected the car to be mid to late oct. I was #3 on the list at my dealer in NJ. Very big dealership. And my dealer said that first three cars would be delivered very close to each other. The #1 and #2 guys had weeks 36 and 37 and he said it can very well happen that they may just produce all three at the same time. So i would be produced with them in say 36 or 37. He also said the dealership should receive 1 every month after #3. so 4,5, and 6 ect. will be every month after. One more thing. Does this car come standard with Tire Pressure Monitor? I forgot to look on the spec sheet but I dont remember seeing it. Thanks

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
RYAN17 said:
Great. Thanks for the info. Yeah I expected the car to be mid to late oct. I was #3 on the list at my dealer in NJ. Very big dealership. And my dealer said that first three cars would be delivered very close to each other. The #1 and #2 guys had weeks 36 and 37 and he said it can very well happen that they may just produce all three at the same time. So i would be produced with them in say 36 or 37. He also said the dealership should receive 1 every month after #3. so 4,5, and 6 ect. will be every month after. One more thing. Does this car come standard with Tire Pressure Monitor? I forgot to look on the spec sheet but I dont remember seeing it. Thanks
It should be standard, I would be surprise if they charged for it, but I don't believe it is an active monitor, it is passive

·
Registered
646 Posts
Great information. I'll make sure to check with my dealer if a suspect delay was the result of transport damage.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
Rezf -- Thanks for the very useful information.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
RYAN17 said:

Alpine White ext
Indianapolis Red Int
Rear side impact airbags
Comfort Access
Multifunction seats
Active Seat width Adj.
Head-up display
Sat Radio
Alum int. trim
Congrats. :flag: Looks like we pretty much got the same car other than the fact that I didn't get the sat radio and got the sunshades instead. :cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts