BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a dilemma...! I have done almost 3000 miles in my new M5 and I love it!! However, I am also first on the list at my dealer for a new M6. So, do I keep my M5 or do I swap it for an M6, which is due in November? ...or should I just have both?!? What are your thoughts on residuals? I think the M5 will be pretty strong for the next 6 months, but the M6 is a whole lot more expensive for not a lot extra. That worries me... Help!!!

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I would get the M6 and then decide. However, this assumes you can buy it as leasing does not deal well with indeterminacy.

If, as I suspect, you find the M5 a better value and more versatile, you can flip the M6 in a few weeks and probably make a healthy profit on it.

Tom

·
Registered
54 Posts
Weren't you offered a premium recently? I would take it and put yourself into the M6. But I dont think the M6 is going to be as popular as the M5 so I reckon you may loose a bucket full if you keep the M6 for too long :sad3: Now if you could swap your M6 slot for the M6 convertible :thumbsup:

·
Registered
213 Posts
take both. Really, it's not that expensive for the sort of enjoyment that you'll get out of it. I always think that if you want something, you should have it now rather then pine over it and then think "maybe I should have" or "what if..."

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Filthy Monkey said:
I have a dilemma...! I have done almost 3000 miles in my new M5 and I love it!! However, I am also first on the list at my dealer for a new M6. So, do I keep my M5 or do I swap it for an M6, which is due in November? ...or should I just have both?!? What are your thoughts on residuals? I think the M5 will be pretty strong for the next 6 months, but the M6 is a whole lot more expensive for not a lot extra. That worries me... Help!!!
Your making me mad grrrrrrr

·
Moderator Emeritus
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nipper said:
Weren't you offered a premium recently? I would take it and put yourself into the M6. But I dont think the M6 is going to be as popular as the M5 so I reckon you may loose a bucket full if you keep the M6 for too long :sad3: Now if you could swap your M6 slot for the M6 convertible :thumbsup:
I was offered a premium on the M5, but I'm too much of a petrol head to give up a car like that for a few thousand pounds... I agree with you on the M6. I'm not convinced it will be as strong as the M5. As for the M6 convertible, I'm no.1 for that too (order everything, worry about the money later!!), so I shouldn't have to hang on to the coupe for too long. I just don't want to blow £20 grand on it in a few months!!!

·
Moderator Emeritus
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wolverine said:
Get the M6 and keep the M5. Drive both the M5 and the M6, and give us a detailed comparison.
Yes, I'm kind of leaning towards that now. I'll pobably keep the M5 at my house in Scotland as my children are there and use the M6 in London...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts