BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I bought my 2000 M5 in March, an endless quest for the right wheels started. After two months, I stranded at www.felgen-garage.de, where I ordered full polished OZ Futura rims. When I finally got the wheels, and I mounted them on the car, it looked like sh*t. We lowered the car with KW V2 coilovers, to get a nicer view. The rear arches had to be widened to get the wheels fit. Since some repainting was needed for this widened arches, I decided to get rid of the BMW badges at once, and repaint the hood and the trunk.

Here are some pictures of the car. The other car is my E36 M3 conversion.

Attachments

·
Banned
664 Posts
mad modifications :thumbsup:

How has it affected handling ?

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I was surprised... Except from hitting the ground every now and then, nothing really changed. It's a bit harder than before, as you might have expected. It has been raining a lot over here the last days, and I thought it would be very annoying to drive the car in the rain, but it feels the same as with the previous, smaller tyres.

For the M3, it's a different story. That car really sucks when it's raining.

I have been on a track with the M3 before. The traction was amazing, with the low suspension, wide tyres and widened track width. That was on a dry day :hihihi: No track experience with the M5 yet...

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Wow...those are some WIDE tires...a little too wide for my tastes. Trunk looks clean, but not sure I like the hood badge deletion.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Ugh, what!!!!!!! hmmm :eek:oohhh: They are very unique, thanks for posting.
I am thinking of a phrase, "to each his own". Just not for me. But then agian I have no imagination!

·
Registered
109 Posts
wow thats a wicked stance on those cars...nice

1 - 11 of 11 Posts