BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning

Just had a thought about Ashok's previous post saying he was getting the on line package option.

Does that mean you can download car settings in the car? Now that would be good!

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
ConnectedDrive (BMW Online) is an innovative concept pioneered by the BMW Group. It ensures that all information, communication and assistance systems inside and outside the automobile are fully integrated with each other in a single network, thereby offering three advantages in the BMW 7 Series: safety, comfort and infotainment. Drivers are integrated, "connected" partners within the automobile's control system. BMW Assist, a telematics service, provides them with updates about current traffic conditions and traffic jam alerts. In the event of an emergency, the system pinpoints the automobile's location and automatically sends for help. The information service can also provide passengers with data about hotels, restaurants and the sights in the area. Drivers can stop during their journey and check their e-mails, news stories and share prices thanks to BMW Online. PCs and mobile phones can be networked with BMW automobiles as well.

Some images:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Is this a straight option or through BMW Individual? I understand the capabilities of Telmatics, that is essentially private labeling of Onstar, but I do not understand what the first part of your explanation means?

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
It is not part of BMW Individual. Simply order options 613 (software) and 616 (hardware) in conjunction with the Professional SatNav.

I agree that this could be very complicated but no doubt it'll be hidden deep inside some I-drive submenu :confused3

I was a bit confused when I first read this but remember it's BMW marketing spiel - "I become one with the car" etc.

You may find this interesting... look at the possibilities:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47978&highlight=internet

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Now you can take m5board.com wherever you go! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
AN M5 with online features and a lovley girls as a passenger what mroe do you need. You are all set :2:

M6 Forever said:
Wow, I never realised that! That's cool! Those interface above looks like you're flying a space shuttle.

·
Registered
246 Posts
By the way Ashok, where did you find the screen shots you provided. I Googled "connecteddrive" and got some hits, and read a few articles, but did not come across any good screen shots.

simmikie

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi guys

I was thinking that you might be able to download settings for the suspension/steering etc from the internet in the car, as you can save your favourite settings.

Imagine if Michael Schumacher did a settings range. Nice!

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts