BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I finally managed to settle on the new family car. Welcome the new rig. 1989 E34 M5. Hartge Limited Edition from Hartge in lace. Has all the appropriate Hartge goodies and I have also sent off to Hartge in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:pJapan</ST1:p</st1:country-region> for some more details on what engine modification they have done. (If any as it has a Hartge Limited Edition plate attached.) Has a set of genuine 17” x 8.5” Breyton ‘Softline’ rims and Michelin Pilot Sports.<O:p</O:pThe car itself is Diamondschwartz and has 118000 kilometres on the clock. We have had it out at the track once already and have discovered that it needs a few things fixed. Thermostat will be replaced along with all shocks as they seem a bit ‘saggy’. Also a small exhaust leak that will be fixed soon. Now, to start the LHD to RHD conversion. You would think I would have had enough of converting LHD cars to RHD cars really. I'll keep a bit of a photo diary for those that are interested in the process. <O:pAll in all a great garage mate for my E30 M3 and something the wife can drive in relative comfort and safety.

Cheers all,
Dave (Australia)<O:p</O:p
<O:p></O:p>

....oh, and of course the M3.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Congratulations! Beautiful cars and color! lovelove Please post more pics when you can.

Enjoy,
Charles :flag:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Congrats and welcome. Like you, I too am new to the e34 section of the board, although I have spent a large amount of time on the e39 forum.

Travis

·
Registered
176 Posts
Holy crap man! First the M3 and now the M5? From one S14.net cross-poster to another, good job man! Enjoy the heck out of her, I know I would. :cheers:

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Very interesting indeed!

Ask for Mr Wey at Hartge and give regards from Gustav of bmwm5.com / m5board.com and I'm sure he'll help you.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
OZ

I would be interested in your experience in doing so. I am interested in importing something similar from Japan, the UK, Hong Kong etc. I presume the car is 15 years old?

The process that you went through would help greatly as would details of costs. Feel free to send me a private message if you like.

Cheers

·
Registered
271 Posts
What's the 3 dials for - the ones fitted into the centre console at the bottom of the gearstick / dashboard ?

:M5rev: :M5rev:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
M540i LE said:
OZ

I would be interested in your experience in doing so. I am interested in importing something similar from Japan, the UK, Hong Kong etc. I presume the car is 15 years old?

The process that you went through would help greatly as would details of costs. Feel free to send me a private message if you like.

Cheers
PM sent

1 - 13 of 13 Posts