BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At about 1040 my m5 is asking for it's first oil service that was said to be at 1,200mi. Ironically I scheduled my service at BMW for tuesday and on monday I have a drive to NY to get it tinted.. then they next day it would be serviced.

Is it okay to drive although its asking for service already? The iDrive is saying -40mi overdue.. :1zhelp:

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way.. i've already done a few mods along the way. :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
At about 1040 my m5 is asking for it's first oil service that was said to be at 1,200mi. Ironically I scheduled my service at BMW for tuesday and on monday I have a drive to NY to get it tinted.. then they next day it would be serviced.

Is it okay to drive although its asking for service already? The iDrive is saying -40mi overdue.. :1zhelp:
Should not be the issue within few hundred miles, but I would confirm with SA, just in case.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts

A couple hundred miles doesn't matter, I've done it more than once. My 07 6 speed asked for the first service @ 650 miles, never happened until 950 +/-. Not rocket science............just a lube job. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A couple hundred miles doesn't matter, I've done it more than once. My 07 6 speed asked for the first service @ 650 miles, never happened until 950 +/-. Not rocket science............just a lube job. :dunno:
I know the service was engine oil change and diff/tranny change that's why I was unsure.

Thanks for the rocket science lesson though. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
994 Posts

It's fine. I had the same thing as I was in Nevada. No problem at all. Just don't go over by hundreds of miles.

What percent tint did you get?

By the way -S63, S600 and B7- you've got to explain this curious range of copycats? Family cars?

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
It's fine. I had the same thing as I was in Nevada. No problem at all. Just don't go over by hundreds of miles.

What percent tint did you get?

By the way -S63, S600 and B7- you've got to explain this curious range of copycats? Family cars?
I'm bringing my car in on Monday to NYC to get 35% all around but the windshield - "Huper Optic Ceramic Tint"

I posted the answer to your question in the other angeleyes thread.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts