BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you can now get an extra on the 3 series,and x3 & x5 which allows you to plug your ipod into the car so it runs through your stereo (I know you can get kits to do this),does anyone know if this will be available on the m5 or m6 ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
Not yet, they are still working on the 5 and 6 Series Kits

You do get a AUX input that can be installed so you can play the IPOD through the system, but i wont charge the Ipod and you cant control it from the steering wheel ( like you can the Kit )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
SuperBMW said:
Not yet, they are still working on the 5 and 6 Series Kits

You do get a AUX input that can be installed so you can play the IPOD through the system, but i wont charge the Ipod and you cant control it from the steering wheel ( like you can the Kit )
Do you know if I can get that kit for a 1 series? I use the aux input sometimes, but having to change songs on the player itself kind of sucks ouich
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
A colleague of mine has just bought a device for his ipod, its a little transmitter which fits on top of the ipod, Now this is the good bit..


You just tune in to the certain frequency with your radio and there you go, you can now listen to your ipod.hiha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
301 Posts
The thing with the belkin fm transmitter is that the sound quality is pretty lame compared to a hard-wired solution like the BMW in-car, or the Alpine iPod adapter.

I'm looking at a 2005 Alpine HU and iPod adapter for my Golf GTI in the near future. the transmitter is too much of a compromise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
I got two types of FM transmitter - Ipod gear seems better than the iTrip (white doggle attaches to top of iPod). The Ipod gear one allows you to charge the iPod in the cradle aswell transmit music to a FM channel.


HOWEVER... both suffer from excessive disturbance and it gets a pain hearing crackling as you're trying to listen to classical or quiet music.

Best solution for E60 models is the AUX input in the glovebox. About £250 with BMW fitting. Works pretty well. Still not perfectly integrated with LOGIC 7, but that is also probably down to the degradation of the signal by using a external aux input cable.

Hope that helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
SoulBladeZA said:
Which dealership are you associated with? Maybe if you are close to me, I'll get it from you, if it becomes available :M5thumbs:
Im not from a dealer

Havent you seen all the "ipod your BMW" advertising lately ?
Any dealer can supply and fit the available models

Check out www.ipodyourbmw.co.za for more info
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
SuperBMW said:
Im not from a dealer

Havent you seen all the "ipod your BMW" advertising lately ?
Any dealer can supply and fit the available models

Check out www.ipodyourbmw.co.za for more info
Yep I have seen all the ads. Didn't really take note until recently. My mistake, I thought I read in another thread that you worked at a dealership.

I know any dealer can, I just that thought I might aswell go to a fellow board member and give them my support :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
SoulBladeZA said:
Yep I have seen all the ads. Didn't really take note until recently. My mistake, I thought I read in another thread that you worked at a dealership.

I know any dealer can, I just that thought I might aswell go to a fellow board member and give them my support :cheers:
:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,496 Posts
as an fyi, BMW and Apple are currently developing a BMW iPod that will work via Bluetooth, its rumored to be available sometime this year, it will be fully integrated into iDrive and allow full control within the system, unlike all of the current solutions offered
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top