BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Piano Black is fine. It also depends on the other choices of leather colour etc.

Autobahnraser, what is your final colour choice (interior and exterior)? Are you happy with the M6 5 spoke wheels? The more I look at Indianoplis Red, the more I think it is a nice colour. I still have many months to think it through. I'm trying hard to convince myself of the 5 spoke wheels, but still not 100% happy with them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
M6 Forever said:
Piano Black is fine. It also depends on the other choices of leather colour etc.

Autobahnraser, what is your final colour choice (interior and exterior)? Are you happy with the M6 5 spoke wheels? The more I look at Indianoplis Red, the more I think it is a nice colour. I still have many months to think it through. I'm trying hard to convince myself of the 5 spoke wheels, but still not 100% happy with them.
I agree with you on the indianoplis red. Its a really nice colour now. I like the wheels and i think that the M6 will be a smashing car. will you be buying an M6 if/when on sale?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gumball said:
. will you be buying an M6 if/when on sale?
You bet I am! I've been following the E63 development for a couple of years now, and certainly the M6 has been a very exciting development.

Are you?

·
Registered
457 Posts
M6 Forever said:

I prefer the M6 wheels! The 5 spoke wheels make a very two-dimensional and 'skinny' impression on all the pics, but they look much better in the real world. You should have a closer look at them before forming a final judgement.

Your decision on colour and trim should depend on what side of the car you want to emphasize optically, the sporty one or the luxury one. I go the most sporty, non individual way: Silverstone II, black full leather trim with the Piano Black finish. In my opinion the most elegant colour is Mineral Silver, but it doesn't hide the sporty aspects of the M6 (CF roof and so on). So maybe Sapphire Black in combination with an individual brown full leather trim (including the upper dash) is a better choice here. Indianapolis Red is something in-between, elegant and sporty as well, but it looks a bit too claret/burgundy for my taste. It certainly is not a timeless colour, and there is a risk that Indianapolis Red is not easy to live with in the long run. On April, 9th is M5/M6 presentation day in Germany; maybe then I can have a closer look at a variety of colours and take a lot of pictures.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Autobahnraser said:
I prefer the M6 wheels! The 5 spoke wheels make a very two-dimensional and 'skinny' impression on all the pics, but they look much better in the real world. You should have a closer look at them before forming a final judgement.

Your decision on colour and trim should depend on what side of the car you want to emphasize optically, the sporty one or the luxury one. I go the most sporty, non individual way: Silverstone II, black full leather trim with the Piano Black finish. In my opinion the most elegant colour is Mineral Silver, but it doesn't hide the sporty aspects of the M6 (CF roof and so on). So maybe Sapphire Black in combination with an individual brown full leather trim (including the upper dash) is a better choice here. Indianapolis Red is something in-between, elegant and sporty as well, but it looks a bit too claret/burgundy for my taste. It certainly is not a timeless colour, and there is a risk that Indianapolis Red is not easy to live with in the long run. On April, 9th is M5/M6 presentation day in Germany; maybe then I can have a closer look at a variety of colours and take a lot of pictures.
Thank you BMW for offering the Piano Black as a standard!!!

That is the best looking interior I have seen on a BMW so far. I currently have a Jet Black car with a Beige interior and there is no way in the world I'm getting that combination again. I have to clean the interior every few weeks, and the black shows every swirl mark and looks terrible when dirty. The black exterior is the best looking on the E60 when clean IMO though.

I'm going with the Silverstone II exterior, and black/piano black interior. Low, low maintenance, and I think it looks terrific.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Autobahnraser said:
The 5 spoke wheels make a very two-dimensional and 'skinny' impression on all the pics, but they look much better in the real world. You should have a closer look at them before forming a final judgement.

. I go the most sporty, non individual way: Silverstone II, black full leather trim with the Piano Black finish.

On April, 9th is M5/M6 presentation day in Germany; maybe then I can have a closer look at a variety of colours and take a lot of pictures.
(1) Good point about the wheels. I hope so too, as the 6 series look much better in the metal than on paper!

(2) Your choice is a subtle and sporty one. I've only thought about 3 colours: Mineral Silver, Silverstone II and now Indianapolis Red, which the latter I have concerns over the long run appeal.

(3) Please do take a tonne of pictures. So far, we (the M6 buyers) have barely seen other colours of the completed car apart from Indianapolis Red and possibly Sepang Bronze (the autoweek photos of the Geneva car is probably Sepang Bronze and they must have switched cars later to show Indianapolis Red instead). We have seen just about all colours on the M5!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts