BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday I got my M5 lowereded with H&R Springs.

Now the car is 35mm closer too the ground :hihi: , and it drives great. The perfect combinations in my eyes to become a "great" look and not too loose comfort :noSMG: .

I'll post pictures later :1: .

·
Registered
943 Posts
Congrats!

I know how you feel. I just lowered my car with Hartge springs.
30mm front and 20mm rear.

The beast is one step closer to being perfect :hihi:

·
Registered
943 Posts
Excellent!

The sideshots really shows the difference.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Looks terrific - the wheels look bigger. How has the ride changed? Must be somewhat stiffer, especially with 4 people in the car.

·
Registered
881 Posts
The look of the car is awesome, BUT will the lowering springs have a negative effect on the adjustable suspension? Since the 'active' suspension is designed to work with a specific spring height/stiffness, will the new lowering springs serve to disturb the modes of the adjustable suspension, and could it lead to early adjustable strut failure; (very costly since I doubt BMW will cover premature strut failure when the OEM springs are removed).
Bish

·
Registered
943 Posts
I doubt that the shockabsorbers will fail " early " due to the 30mm lower springs.

·
Registered
176 Posts
cidair said:
I doubt that the shockabsorbers will fail " early " due to the 30mm lower springs.
If they're anything like the E34 shock absorbers, they're gonna fail and cost exorbinate amounts of money to replace so H&R kits and coilovers will be put onto the E60's anyways.

Of course, we're all hoping that doesn't become the case!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yesterday I've tryed with four of my friends, absolutely no problem :thumbsup: . For the ride, the steering feels much better the car is much more agile :hihihi: .

Maybe the absorbers will fail earlier but the car is definitively too "high" :eek: , that would be ok for an SUV but not for a sportscar like the M5 :M5launch: .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts