BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

M5 look-a-likes in the Movie Mr. & Mrs. Smith!

4K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  Chuckc 
#1 ·
I know that a previous thread here at the board uncovered the guest appearance of what seems to be M5 look-a-likes on the new movie Mr and Mrs Smith, but I had to write a new one. I just saw the movie last night and didnt know the Beast (or a look a like anyways) was in the movie, I was pretty excited to see a high speed chase seen featuring about 3 or 4 M5's. Anyone else see this movie yet? I almost shed a tear at the end of the scene as the BMW's got shot up:crying:!

AZN M5

#2 ·
I saw the movie on Sunday and wondered if those were real M5s. I doubted it, but they looked pretty awesome! Does anybody know what they used? (I noticed when one blew up and flipped it had the quad exaust on it, but of course that could have been done with a 540 or even a lower model.)

What about the engine sounds? They sounded pretty good, but I didn't think that they were real BMW engine sounds - a bit of Hollywood sound magic. But I've not been in a position to listen to an M5 like the camera was. What does anybody think?
Alfred

#3 ·
If you do a search of past threads here, you can see good still shots from this scene from the movie posted. It seems to be a regular 5 series modified to look like an M5, the tail lights are red/amber instead of red/white.:M5launch:

AZN M5

#5 ·
AZN M5 said:
If you do a search of past threads here, you can see good still shots from this scene from the movie posted. It seems to be a regular 5 series modified to look like an M5, the tail lights are red/amber instead of red/white.:M5launch:

AZN M5
you'd think if they were going for the m5 look they'd go all out and do the correct tail lights.
Mike

#6 ·
those are either 540s with the mspec 2003 upgrade on them or 530's with the same..

Side mirrors give it away 100%...

Im trying to remember the number of japanese tail pipes that they had on those things cause that would be another huge indication but i cant at the moment.

Im saying 530's....cheaper to wreck.

#7 ·
True, it could be the M-spec 5's, and since we didnt actually see an M5 badge thats probably the most logical answer! And they probably didn't want to buy the aftermarket M5 badges, head/tail lights because.... (see the ///M badge on non-M cars thread):byebye: And yes, AMEN to not wrecking real M5's!!:1:Though I still appreciate them using the E39 in this and any other films, its just cool!

AZN M5

#8 ·
AZN M5 said:
I know that a previous thread here at the board uncovered the guest appearance of what seems to be M5 look-a-likes on the new movie Mr and Mrs Smith, but I had to write a new one. I just saw the movie last night and didnt know the Beast (or a look a like anyways) was in the movie, I was pretty excited to see a high speed chase seen featuring about 3 or 4 M5's. Anyone else see this movie yet? I almost shed a tear at the end of the scene as the BMW's got shot up:crying:!

AZN M5
Other than that how was the movie? Good entertainment value? :cheers:

#12 ·
I enjoyed the movie, it was pretty entertaining. Of course, looking at Angelina Jolie for a couple of hours can't be all that bad!!(And my wife would argue that Brad Pitt isn't a bad alternative either!) There was a lot of action involved, of course you have to sometimes stretch the imagination a bit and remember this is Hollywood with some unbelievable events going on. And of course we all know 3 M5's against Brad, Angelina or anyone else would always prevail. Undercover assasins-sure, part of secret government agencies-okay, but when they destroyed 3 Beasts-thats a stretch!:haha2::M5launch::M5launch::M5launch:

AZN M5

#13 ·
chasing a mini-van!!! :crying:
...had to convince my wife those are not m5s.

#14 ·
I saw the movie last night and enjoyed it. I remember seeing a scene where one of the fake M5's blew up and you could see into the engine bay. I'm pretty sure it looked like the engine from one of the flat-6 E39's. On first glance they do look a bit like M5's but I'm sure they aren't.

#15 ·
MyDream5 said:
I saw the movie last night and enjoyed it. I remember seeing a scene where one of the fake M5's blew up and you could see into the engine bay. I'm pretty sure it looked like the engine from one of the flat-6 E39's. On first glance they do look a bit like M5's but I'm sure they aren't.
What gives the car an M5 appearance? Is it the exterior cosmetics, ie: body kit to look like the M5 ?

#19 ·
FAST 5 said:
Heeyyyyy nowww.......................
what does that tell you about our cars?!?!?!!! :M5thumbs: :M5thumbs:

:cheers:
I guess its a bit like in one Bond movie, where they had Z8s and it was cut in half at some point.. they didn't do it to an original. too expensive.. and they had two replicas with chevy engines+one real :)

#22 ·
AZN M5 said:

AZN M5
I tried doing a search but I couldn't find it. Could you be kind enough to post a link to the thread in question? Thanks!

#26 ·
Anyone see the movie "sideways", it cameos a real M5 titanium. The problem is you only get to see it for a few seconds at the beginning and the end of the movie. It was sitting in the driveway of a very nice home in LA:flag:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.