BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone see this article? This thing looks like a monster. Gorgeous too. Even has an m5 interior.

This is from performance bmw magazine.

Sorry for the cellphone pic.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I saw this at Chapters last weekend. The car looks really nice.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Optimistic headline! It's a 530i with mods and iirc a supercharger!

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

+ 1

I'd love to see more pics though as I haven't seen this article.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Wait till you see member syanthan's S/c M5 review in Performance BMW shortly !

PS : I would love to meet M5 KILLER at a set of traffic lights, in my M5 ;)

Reactions: sor118 and nerio02

·
Registered
223 Posts
Step 1: Buy a 520i
Step 2: Swap to a s/c'd 530i
Step 3: Make interior and exterior look like an M5
Step 4: ??????
Step 5: Still not an M5.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Lame.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Anyone see this article? This thing looks like a monster. Gorgeous too. Even has an m5 interior.

This is from performance bmw magazine.

Sorry for the cellphone pic.
I just never get this...if one is gonna spend the time, money effort to SC and tune a car...why in the hell wouldn't you start with a better product?????

"M5 Killer" my butt......ain't gonna "kill" MY beast, LOL

·
Registered
38 Posts
Dealing with insurance, I have mine through USAA and it's not bad at all. It's only $42 a month. Maybe you guys should look into it and see if you qualify with them. I know for a while they only accepted people who had either been in the military themselves or had relatives who were. But I thought I heard that they opened it up now so anyone can join. Just FYI.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Why not just buy a real M5 in the first place, then supercharge that instead of trying to make a look a like?

same reason some people here try to make their M5s race cars - some people just get attached to that particular hunk of metal.

who cares!? it's an 450hp FI BMW that looks damn good.

The E60 550 would probably be a pretty close race with an E39 M5. are you going to be sad about that, too?

Reactions: ssomed and nerio02

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
insurance.... thats most likley why. but no matter what you put in or on it's still not an m5.

it's just a chassis. my guess is that a 6 cylinder, given proper resources would be better on the track:

- lighter
- R&P steering
- more overall power potential for less $$$
- same chassis
- larger aftermarket (sharing engine bits with E36/46)

Reactions: jimmythefish

·
Registered
229 Posts
insurance.... thats most likley why. but no matter what you put in or on it's still not an m5.
I doubt insurance had anything to do with it. Money spent on this car compared to the few hundred bucks a year... If this really is the reason, this person likely failed math.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
The E60 550 would probably be a pretty close race with an E39 M5. are you going to be sad about that, too?
It isn't. I raced one on a runway (from a dig and from 20mph multiple times) and I inched ahead from a dig until we hit about 90, then the M5 started to walk it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I don't get this...if it is not an M5 and all of these mods went into it so it can "kill" an M5, why is it made to look like an M5?? Does it want to be one but knowing it never is?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
same reason some people here try to make their M5s race cars - some people just get attached to that particular hunk of metal.

who cares!? it's an 450hp FI BMW that looks damn good.

+1

your young , bought a car, put some money in it, liked it, put some more money in it, even like it more.put again some money in there, love it... why sell?? its as strong as something else.then they can t sell it anymore because there is so mutch money in there that you loose too mutch and it not even worth too sell because you srill love it..so lets mod some more..put a charger on there, loved it more. etc..

why buy a m5 iff you can buy a porsche, why buy a porsche when you could buy a ferrari, why buy a ferrari when you can buy a lambo and so on..

dont forget that not all people are rich or wealthy..and modding is an addiction.

most off the time these cars start out as a little project that grows over the years by adding thing along as you save up..

allot off m5 owners here are the same (including me) add this , add that, hmmm cant sell ,the car is too good, nothing compares in the price range..the car is payed off .money over in the mod fund..lets trow something else expensive on etc..

respect for the guy who did it.. no matter what it is..aslong its done with taste and love ,i can appreciate everything.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Don't see why it's being slated, not claimed to be an M5, just that it would outdrag one which it should.
Is a compliment to the M5 that he's fitted so many parts.
An M5 isn't the be all and end all, he's done what he wants, fair play.
530 would be a lot cheaper to buy too.

·
Registered
2002 M5, Imola / Imola
1,703 Posts
I'm kind of thrown back by the "M snobbery" in this thread... It a super clean looking car, is fast and most importantly, is the product of sheer enthusiasm. Why the hate? Congrats to whoever got their car in PBMW!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts