BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to point out the obvious...

I just got done driving over Satus pass here in Washington. Two lanes with truck lanes here and there. Sure is nice to have the power to whip around someone.

I just wish there weren't so many pr*cks on the road that would make bad passes and try to get around me. You'd think I'd be able to figure out when the best time to go is with 394 ponies under the hood.

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,318 Posts
You're the first one that I've heard of from Yakima! Do you ever see other M5's out there?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know of one other for sure...unless he sold it, but I don't think he has. I think there is a third, but I'm not certain. I haven't seen it in a year.

I know of a couple M3s...my brother and then another guy in the fruit deal here.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
jrm1504 said:
I'm going to point out the obvious...

I just got done driving over Satus pass here in Washington. Two lanes with truck lanes here and there. Sure is nice to have the power to whip around someone.

I just wish there weren't so many pr*cks on the road that would make bad passes and try to get around me. You'd think I'd be able to figure out when the best time to go is with 394 ponies under the hood.
I understand I had a early 90's eclipse try to race me the other night, WTF! I mean he had one of those gigantic exhaust tips hanging off the back, sounded like a tin can, he might have had a chance! YA RIGHT! Maybe next time!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Beamer_usa said:
I understand I had a early 90's eclipse try to race me the other night, WTF! I mean he had one of those gigantic exhaust tips hanging off the back, sounded like a tin can, he might have had a chance! YA RIGHT! Maybe next time!
:grrrrr: Don't underestimate the eclipse. There are plenty out there deep in to the 12's and 11's... I have a friend with a Sonata that transplanted an eclipse engine and drivetrain, he laid down 380WHP on the dyno last summmer... and he has many mods since then!

There are many so-called rice burners out there which are much faster than the M5... watch out!

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
CarbonBeast said:
:grrrrr: Don't underestimate the eclipse. There are plenty out there deep in to the 12's and 11's... I have a friend with a Sonata that transplanted an eclipse engine and drivetrain, he laid down 380WHP on the dyno last summmer... and he has many mods since then!

There are many so-called rice burners out there which are much faster than the M5... watch out!
Don't get me wrong Carbon, I would never under estimate or dis-respect another man's ride, personally having a rice burner (many years ago) an early 90's GS-R heavily moded, I know what those rice-burners are capable of and then some! That was how I was able to tell this guy was a poser, that along with a slight blip of my right foot and he was a mere spec in my rear view. I will give anyone the benefit of the doubt!:cheers:

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I do miss having power (although I havent daily driven anything with the power of an E39 M5) when I drive from Prescott, AZ, down to Phoenix. Passing trucks uphill or getting around the moron going 60 in the left lane next to a big rig is quite a feat when you only have 115 hp...and that's at sea level. Prescott's altitude weans about 15hp out of my Jetta, so anemic doesnt really describe it. I cant tell you how many times I day dream about having an M5, putting it in 3rd and just leaving all the idiots of the road behind me. Well that is until I come up behind the next group of morons...
:cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts