BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do all 2007 M5's come with this jack? Do you just plug in your IPOD? I am looking for an M5 and sometimes they list it and sometimes not... thanks in advance!

·
Registered
695 Posts
I have it on my 2008, you just plug it in and go to AUX on the radio and that it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
if my M5 doesn't have an aux hookup..is there a way to add it? i dont really want the full MP3 ipod hookup in the glovebox, i'd rather just stream pandora. not trying to thead jack! :)

·
Registered
695 Posts
Check the storage area under the are rest, look and see if you have a USB and audio jack port. They should be together and up front, if you do you can go onto E-bay and order the plug in device that will function with your Ipod, should be about $39 or less.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Some M5's come with the aux hookup in the rear center console. its hard to spot, just a black hole for a headphone jack plug in. or some have the 6cd changer deleted in the dash and an ipod hookup in there. i think only 08 and up have the usb/aux in the center console if you lift it up

·
Registered
695 Posts
I have both, the rear and the usb / audio jack.

·
Registered
83 Posts
what year do you have? i was just going off what i believed. does anyone know if its possible just to add the aux hookup on an m5 that doesn't have any of it??

·
Registered
695 Posts
Look above remember I said I have an 08' and I'm not sure if the aux /audio jack works, but it's there and I'll check it when I get back from Afghanistan

·
Registered
124 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but when using the USB connection, the artist and title shows up on the screen but not when using the aux. jack.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Yeah I think that is correct..........

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Back to the question....

Does anyone know if it comes standard on a 2007 M5? With my 2004 530i, I had a AUX jack put in glovebox... is that basically the same thing?

·
Registered
83 Posts
SO..to clarify a little with everyone.

BMW does offer an IPOD direct plug in, if you have the 6 cd changer in your glovebox..it replaces that and literally plugs right up into that. you do have to get some coding done at the dealer for it.

BMW ALSO offers an aux plug in for the e60 m5's. i just picked that up. 64 bucks with my BMWCCA discount ;). plugs into the back of the CCC(nav) into an open slot. does not require any coding at all, and is setup in the glovebox.

hopefully this will help clarify for everyone a little. i ended up going with the aux because i heard the 300 dollar ipod interface kit, though lets you control your ipod from your idrive..you can only listen to the music on your ipod..i sometimes prefer pandora, and also..if i ever decided to switch to an android phone i'd have to go out and buy some crappy ipod to keep in there. so you do lose charging functionality, but gain others, which i think i can live with. hope this helps everyone! if anyone needs pictures of what the aux connection i bought from BMW looks like i'll be glad to provide.

·
Registered
144 Posts
SO..to clarify a little with everyone.

BMW does offer an IPOD direct plug in, if you have the 6 cd changer in your glovebox..it replaces that and literally plugs right up into that. you do have to get some coding done at the dealer for it.

BMW ALSO offers an aux plug in for the e60 m5's. i just picked that up. 64 bucks with my BMWCCA discount ;). plugs into the back of the CCC(nav) into an open slot. does not require any coding at all, and is setup in the glovebox.

hopefully this will help clarify for everyone a little. i ended up going with the aux because i heard the 300 dollar ipod interface kit, though lets you control your ipod from your idrive..you can only listen to the music on your ipod..i sometimes prefer pandora, and also..if i ever decided to switch to an android phone i'd have to go out and buy some crappy ipod to keep in there. so you do lose charging functionality, but gain others, which i think i can live with. hope this helps everyone! if anyone needs pictures of what the aux connection i bought from BMW looks like i'll be glad to provide.
Can you post pics of the aux cable and the part # is possible? Did you do the install yourself? If so, any instructions?

Sorry for bringing up an old post, looking to play Pandora in my car :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
133 Posts
MMMMM 5, I could also use the same info, part # and install instructions if possible. Thank you! :byebye:

·
Registered
54 Posts
i have a 2008 m5 and it didn't come with a usb slot i have a aux slot in the rear. no cd changer would i be able to do something where i can connect my iPod or something and the playlist come on the navi screen??????

1 - 16 of 16 Posts