BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove a 545i last week and was very disappointed in the quality of the materials used for the roof lining and dash trim. I used to have a 540i and it had much better quality inside than the new model.

Will the M5 have better trim materials?

·
Registered
73 Posts
mhh said:
I drove a 545i last week and was very disappointed in the quality of the materials used for the roof lining and dash trim. I used to have a 540i and it had much better quality inside than the new model.

Will the M5 have better trim materials?
I think M5 has leather trimmed interior (excluding the roof, that's optional I guess), all those vinyl covered area you've seen should be covered in Nappa leather in M5.... I might be wrong, but I've seen tons of pics shown like this...

·
Registered
457 Posts
If you don't make use of BMW Individual there will be a difference between M5 and 545i trim materials. The M5's optional extras include some BMW Individual materials like leather merino, alcantara, special wood and brushed aluminium furnishing. Extended leather interior is standard for the M5 and optional for 545i; full leather is optional for M5 and only individual for the 545i.

Still I can't get used to the interior design of the E60. Compared to the E39 it looks less fine-quality. Even the full leather trim leaves a plastic impression because it ignores some parts of the dashboard and the back of the front seats.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
its funny, i found some of the new materials to be higher quality than in the e39, and I found the exact reverse with some others. It seemed to depend on what you are looking at. I suspect we will see a big improvement in this area with the M.

·
Registered
816 Posts
It seems they deliberately leave the interior at a minimum standard, just OK to the eye, if not bare. Then the marketing guys come along and say we have a wonder department called Individual, which you can use to dress it up by bespoke. I believe in choice and bespoke tailoring, but it's a real clever way of milking us for more money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts