BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we had a thread a few months back about insurance but just got a definite quote that I thought I should share. Privilege just quoted just under £1,300 per year for me (and I am 29 living in London) so I think it may be worth checking out.

·
Moderator Emeritus
866 Posts
I picked my car up this morning and insured it with First Alternative (a division of E-Sure) for £887. Bargain!! I'm in my (very) late twenties, (oh okay then, 31!), living in Glasgow...

·
Registered
646 Posts
I received a quote from my agent for $1420. USD per year. 48 year old male in Southern California.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
It all depends on your limits of liability and coverage you pay for. It also matters where you live, your age, and what type of driver you are. Your credit rating also factors into it in the US. What one person pays for insurance is not comparable to what another person pays, unless they have the same limits and coverages. If you have $2,000,000 single limit with $2,000,000 uninsured and undersinsured motorists coverage, $0 comprehensive deductible, $0 collission coverage, rental car and other extra coverages, I think you would pay more than someone with less coverage in the same risk rating. These discussions comparing how much one pays for insurance vs someone else are very subjective, and really serve no purpose.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Digi said:
It all depends on your limits of liability and coverage you pay for. It also matters where you live, your age, and what type of driver you are. Your credit rating also factors into it in the US. What one person pays for insurance is not comparable to what another person pays, unless they have the same limits and coverages. If you have $2,000,000 single limit with $2,000,000 uninsured and undersinsured motorists coverage, $0 comprehensive deductible, $0 collission coverage, rental car and other extra coverages, I think you would pay more than someone with less coverage in the same risk rating. These discussions comparing how much one pays for insurance vs someone else are very subjective, and really serve no purpose.
Agreed for the US but policies tend to be pretty standard in the UK so this post could provide useful info for others hence might serve a purpose.

·
Registered
12 Posts
virage1 said:
Agreed for the US but policies tend to be pretty standard in the UK so this post could provide useful info for others hence might serve a purpose.
Agree - I have just been quoted over £1200 so will try First Alternative for a quote.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I've been quoted around £700 from Norwich Union :)

·
Registered
646 Posts
Liverpool Victoria quoted me around £900 (based on zero NCD as i'm having difficulty proving this as been under a company policy for past 4 years), discounted it's more like £600. I've used Privilege before but find they now insist on a hi-spec tracker being fitted, great for security but adds a couple hundred a year to the overall insurance cost. And i'm 34!!

Cheers,
David.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts