BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those lucky enough to have their M5 now, did you find any particular insurance company offering a better deal than others.

The best I've found so far is Bell Direct who estimate my premium to be about £1,200 pa based on my age, no claims and living in London. Can anyone suggest better, I will say the worst has been over £2k :crying:

·
Registered
82 Posts
bmwnewm5 said:
For those lucky enough to have their M5 now, did you find any particular insurance company offering a better deal than others.

The best I've found so far is Bell Direct who estimate my premium to be about £1,200 pa based on my age, no claims and living in London. Can anyone suggest better, I will say the worst has been over £2k :crying:
Everyone except Liverpool Victoria who I am currently with has quoted me in the region of 1200 as well, LV now wants 1800, so I won't be staying with them.

Tesco have come up cheapest so far.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Did anyone try BMW insurance? They were quite a bit cheaper on my E39 M5 and have been good with the M3's and 745.

Also you will have no issue should the worst happen as its straight to BMW to get the work done and full value for loss or right off in the first 12 months.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I've just been quoted £710 annual premium (fully comp) by Norwich Union which I think is pretty good.

I'm 38, clean license, protected maximum NCB, with wife as the only other driver; car is garaged in outer London and fitted with approved tracking device.

:cool:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
I've just been quoted £710 annual premium (fully comp) by Norwich Union which I think is pretty good.

I'm 38, clean license, protected maximum NCB, with wife as the only other driver; car is garaged in outer London and fitted with approved tracking device.

:cool:
Ashok,

Norwich Union don't insure cars with the value over £50,000. Thats the feedback I got when I placed a quote on their their website for my M3 last year.

What did you put down as the value of your M5 ?

Regards.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Ghufran said:
Norwich Union don't insure cars with the value over £50,000. Thats the feedback I got when I placed a quote on their their website for my M3 last year.
While I am not in the UK, I have seen similar results here in the US. It usually just takes a phone call, as their web systems will not do the quotes on car values over a certian price.. as you are seeing here. I had the exact same happen with my current insurance for both of my BMWs.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Try Privilege in the UK - I have always chopped and changed between them and Norwich Union - and at the moment Privilege seem to be a lot cheaper

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I declared value as £60k. I have had my current E39 with NU since day one and they were excellent when it came to sorting out some (relatively) minor claims. Also, they were very understanding re: mods and did not charge me a penny more after I put my Millteks on. I'm sticking with Norwich Union.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.