BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What sort of insurance premiums are you guys paying for your M5s?

Presumably, you've all been through the mill of finding the best quote. Just wondered if anyone can recommend a broker/insurance company?

Mac

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Mac

I got my insurance from Bennetts Elite (brokers) ~1100ukp pa. at end of May this year.

31, 5yrs+NCD, No offences, CB postcode

probably a bit higher now

Steve

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info guys.

I don't get my M5 until March 2001 so most brokers are reluctant to quote. I've resorted to cheating the various online quote engines on the web, i.e. saying I've already got one but its not really a valid test is it!!

I suspect mine will be similar to yours SteveG (5yrs +NCD, clean, Lincs/Cambs border postcode). All depends if I last till March without any points!!

Mac

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
It all depends on where you live and your driving history (ie. any points on license, no claims bonus etc.). Basically, expect to pay around 1500-2000 pounds, unless you are a retired sheep farmer on the Isle of Skye!

As a recomendation, don't go with the 'direct' or 'internet' companies as when it comes to making a claim, they're the worst. Instead go for a full service professional broker who will work FOR you. It may cost you a little more up front but it's worth it. I can recommend Ken Levine of Melbury Consultants on (020) 8788 9112.

Good luck and please post your experiences.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well I use Direct Line - I didn't really want to, as a previous poster has said, brokers are better when/if you have to claim. However the quote was £750 (5yncd, Sheffield) and the next nearest one from various brokers was £1300!

- Michael

1 - 5 of 5 Posts