BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
in the next issue from "Sport Auto" (19. Nov.) the M5 will participate in the Supertest.

for everyone who does not know what that means the test includes the following disciplines:

1. the famous Nuerburgring Nordschleife (20.6km) [e39: 8:28] [CSL: 7:50]
2. the short version of the F1 Grand Prix course Hockenheim (2,6km) [e39: 1:18.5] [CSL: 1:13.5]
3. acceleration and braking tests (0-200-0)
4. aerodynamic research
5. maximum acceleration in corners (meassured in g)
6. 36m slalom
7. an evasive action (don't know if that is correct english)

in each test the car can reach 10 points so all together 70points is max.

i will let you know in 33days...

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Wow, that is the defintive test, the benchmark of all tests. In 1998 () a Silverstone M5 was tested there with OK results, in laters tests it was alot faster. I really look forward to this test and if it does the Nürburgring under 8 min it is an incredible automobile.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Jesus! that will be THE test for the new M5, great to hear. I think I must go out tomorrow and buy the october sportauto=)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mr.knd said:
Jesus! that will be THE test for the new M5, great to hear. I think I must go out tomorrow and buy the october sportauto=)
that is THE test for every car...

·
Registered
955 Posts
wow, that's a great news!!
and it really makes me as nervous as a school boy anticipating for my first ever exam. mmmmmm really hope the real world performance state of the M5 will live up to BMW's claim

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tifosi said:
wow, that's a great news!!
and it really makes me as nervous as a school boy anticipating for my first ever exam. mmmmmm really hope the real world performance state of the M5 will live up to BMW's claim
as max already posted, the next issue (27. Oct.) of ams will review and compere the m5 and cls55amg. so you won't get too nervous... :blink:

·
Registered
277 Posts
9852147 said:
as max already posted, the next issue (27. Oct.) of ams will review and compere the m5 and cls55amg. so you won't get too nervous... :blink:
27th OCt. is in 10 days not 33?

·
Registered
955 Posts
9852147 said:
na, actuall i am not too worry about the test of M5 up agsinst any AMG. because it's just way to easy to predict the result. :1:

when the magazine is testign the car up against BMW's claim on the other hand, make me much more nervous simply what BMW claimed M5 can do is just too good to be true! :flag:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
tifosi said:
na, actuall i am not too worry about the test of M5 up agsinst any AMG. because it's just way to easy to predict the result. :1:

when the magazine is testign the car up against BMW's claim on the other hand, make me much more nervous simply what BMW claimed M5 can do is just too good to be true! :flag:
i am waiting to see the first official testing figures. and we will find these numbers in this review... so, who cares?

·
Registered
189 Posts
9852147 said:
in the next issue from "Sport Auto" (19. Nov.) the M5 will participate in the Supertest.

for everyone who does not know what that means the test includes the following disciplines:

1. the famous Nuerburgring Nordschleife (20.6km) [e39: 8:28] [CSL: 7:50]
2. the short version of the F1 Grand Prix course Hockenheim (2,6km) [e39: 1:18.5] [CSL: 1:13.5]
3. acceleration and braking tests (0-200-0)
4. aerodynamic research
5. maximum acceleration in corners (meassured in g)
6. 36m slalom
7. an evasive action (don't know if that is correct english)

in each test the car can reach 10 points so all together 70points is max.

i will let you know in 33days...
4 more days... :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts